List of Poisonous Plants for Cats and Dogs

Posted by Maryland (Ca) on 08/30/2021
2 out of 5 stars

I sprayed twice something on my dog's paw that has lavender as one of the ingredients, and he licked it while I was clipping his nails. The following day he was having difficulty standing up. I didn't automatically think it was the spray but after he refused to eat beef liver, which he loves, I realized there was something wrong. He will drink water, lots of it, but barely eats. I gave him a capful of hydrogen peroxide 3% to make him throw up and he did within minutes but then one side below his neck became enlarged as if filled with air. It doesn't seem painful to him when I touch it, but he is still lethargic.

Be careful with lavender around your dog. Do not let them ingest it.