Serrapeptase was a wonder for my cat with Asthma! Prednisone almost killed him, ended up in the hospital with his liver failing, kidneys were also affected. They took him off Prednisone, but we were still told that the prognosis was grim. He is old, but now alive and well (knock wood). Just give your cat maybe 20,000 SU. You have to buy the minimum strength of 40,000 (on-line). I emptied the capsule and gave half. Good luck!
My poor distressed cat! She had asthma when younger and it recently flared again -- big time! My daughter, a multi-cat owner, suggested:
- Keep floor and rugs clean and vacuumed.
- Dust weekly with a damp cloth.
- Ozone filtration machines for kitty litter area (small one) and for the whole house (large one).
Did all three and she improved within hours. I'm also doing some other things she suggested.
- Daily half tsp of Trop... coconut oil on paw.
- A daily capful of apple cider vinegar in her large water bowl.
- Using a pine based, low dust kitty litter.
The most important of all these was to keep my floors clean -- after all, that's where our cats spend the most time. Right?