My 2 year old dog got jumped by another dog and 2 days later he started throwing up, diarrhea with blood not eating or drinking hardly anything. ( I know he has Parvo cause all the dogs around the neighborhood been spreading it around). Symptoms just started I gave him some 1tbls charcoal. 12 oz of water and 2 oz of gatorade (you can free hand the gatorade, might help to get him to drink it) in a bottle giving it to him every 2hrs waiting to see what will happen hope he gets better. Wish me luck.
(Clovis, Ca, United States)
This website saved my sanity. We somehow brought parvo into our pack (7 dogs) during a time when we had a visiting dog. The 14 month old dogs were the ones who came down with it. The 1st one recovered on her own after 3 days. Her main symptoms were she would not eat or drink. The second one spent 3 days at the vets office getting IV fluids and antibiotics because she was dehydrated (main symptom was bloody diarrhea). She also did not want to swallow the fluids I was trying to give her. So the guest dog went home and then got sick so I had them bring him back so I could keep him hydrated. He vomited all day -- more than I could get in him. I was really scared. Then I found your website and read about giving the activated charcoal. I gave it every 2 hours and after the 3rd dose Barley licked his leg where some of the liquid fell. So I put water and aloe vera juice in a bowl and he lapped it up. He has gone back to not drinking (or eating), but he has not vomited at all and I am able to keep him hydrated.
I have seen parvo too many times. I live in the Mojave desert where it is rampant. My little chihuahua mix, who hasn't yet gotten all her shots, came down with it yesterday morning. By dinner, I knew for sure it was parvo and came to this site. I found charcoal as a remedy and rushed to Walgreens. I bought Charcotabs for $20.00. I gave Wolfie about a quarter can of beef broth mixed with the charcoal of 3 tabs (took the tabs apart)... Yuck.
This morning she was happy, wagging her tail, and jumping on my leg. I have given her 2 more doses today because she is still feverish. But I know that IF you can keep a dog eating and drinking, they live. I think it isn't the bacteria that kills but the toxin that is released when the body kills the parvo. However, according to my theory, the charcoal bonds to the toxin rather than letting it circulate in the body and is pooped out. Black poops EVERYWHERE! Lol (Sound reasonable?? lol) It worked for me!
(San Antonio, Tx)
(Hope, Bc, Canaada)
Six months old puppy diagnosed by Vet as Parvo. Had been sick one day when taken to Vet. Took her home and mixed up one tablespoon activated charcoal in 12 ounces of water. Using a large barrel syringe I slowly put the charcoal into the backside of her mouth so she would have to swallow it. Even though she is 75 pounds, one glass of this mixture made a great difference within one hour. I gave her two more doses at 2 hour intervals and she was by this time drinking on her own and no vomiting or diarrhea [since the first dose] so put a little charcoal in her drinking water. She was eating a little by the next day and by the third day was back to full normal. I continues to add some charcoal to her drinking water for four more days [not much because then she wouldn't drink much of it, just enough to make it cloudy, mildly gray]. I have also used it the same way when my dogs have been poisoned with rat poison, with the same excellent results.
(San Jacinto, Ca)