10 Health Benefits of Lavender

Stings

3 User Reviews
5 star (3) 
  100%


Posted by Georgia (Irons, Mi) on 04/26/2010
5 out of 5 stars

HUGE black Ground hornets & lavender essential oil:

My cat of 3 years old had a near death experience and although it took 2 days to figure out what had really happened I immediately had given an application of lavender oil (3 drops pure on my hand) and lightly brushed his arm and underside of paw with it as soon as I saw there was a problem. He definitely does not like the smell, but I insisted he get the treatment. He was incoherent, stumbling, all in 5 minutes & swelled to the size of golf balls where he was stung (6x) but in 12 hours was alive & well! He doesn't remember his brush with death, just loves me more! I thanked all above who stayed at his side, tho my vet did not believe in Mother Nature's cures, I'm blessed She once again saved another of my pet's lives. I was also stung by these bees 2 yrs. ago and their stings instantly attack your motor skills, altho I 'could not think' to use the oil on me. Hoping this story helps


Stings
Posted by Jennifer (Guelph, Ontario, Canada) on 10/05/2007
5 out of 5 stars

My 3 year old daughter was stung by a bee for the first time. She didn't have a big reaction but it hurt, a lot. I tried Chickweed which helped for a minute, then breatmilk and that did nothing. But then I put pure Lavander oil on it and it took the pain away instantly.


Stings
Posted by Sarah (North Vancouver, Canada) on 08/20/2007
5 out of 5 stars

We were just away at a ranch, lots of horse flies, wasps etc. My 7 month old grabbed a wasp in mid area and was stung in the inside of his finger... Right away he was crying in pain and we saw the wasp dead beside him and we knew he had been stung, his little finger was as hard as a rock and i was getting worried of what type of reaction he was going to have...his hand and arm started to quickly get red and swell...The people we were with had pure essential Lavender oil and we rubbed it on the finger and hand, I would have to say within 5 minutes the pain was forgotten red gone and swelling completely gone... I was amazed... someone older was stung also and we did the same thing and he said the pain was gone right away... We have our own now and keep it with us.


Sty

1 User Review
5 star (1) 
  100%


Posted by Muhammad (Charlotte, Nc) on 10/23/2009
5 out of 5 stars

Lavender Oil cures styes

Thank God for this website. I have been afflicted with styes every month for more than a year and have searched for a cure. Your website has been a constant source of research and inspiration for me. My doctors prescribed the usual ineffective eyedrops but nothing helped. One evening, about 6 months ago, I was using Lavender oil in my hair (in an attempt to heal some head sores I have been getting) when I accidentally rubbed my finger across my eyelids. At the time, I had a painful stye that just would not go away. Lo and behold, the very next morning, the stye reduced in size and the pain went away. By evening, the stye had disappeared! Just to make sure it would not return, I deliberately put a very light amount of Lavender oil on my finger and rubbed it over both eyelids and (yes) across my eyeball. It stung for about a minute, but since then I have not had one occurrence of styes. I told a friend about this. She had problems with her eyes becoming red and inflamed. She tried it and it cured her eye problems too! I am putting this information out so that other sufferers with styes can see if it works for them also. Please note that you do not have to put a whole drop of Lavender Oil on your finger. Wash your hands before applying. Simply touch the wet tip of the bottle to your finger and rub your eyelids. Let your finger touch your eyeball. It stings for about a minute but does not affect your vision. Close your eyes and roll them around for a minute. Then wipe away any excess (and your tears). Please post some feedback on your experience so that others can benefit.



1 2