CURE FOR DIABETES 1 – PROBIOTICS AND ALKALISATION.
The human body is home of trillions of bacteria, viruses, fungi and other tiny organisms. They are called microbes. An average healthy adult has about 15 % bad microbes and 85 % good (probiotic) microbes in the digestive system. This can be determined by stool testing. When the gut flora contains too many harmful (bad) microbes and not enough good microbes, an imbalance can occur. Metabolism is a term that is used to describe all chemical reactions in maintaining the living state of the cells and the organism. This includes:
1) The breakdown molecules to obtain energy and
2) Synthesis of all compounds needed by the cells (e.g., vitamins, enzymes, etc.).
A metabolic disorder occurs when the metabolism fails and causes the body to have either too much or too little of the essential substances needed to stay healthy. Metabolic disorder can be determined from stool testing by identifying list of probiotic strains below normal level and list of bad strains that are above normal levels in the stool.
According to Mayo clinic and Cleveland clinic, metabolic syndrome is defined as a collection of risk factors that increase the chance of developing:
1) Cardiovascular disease,
2) Stroke due to blockage and
Any disease associated with metabolic disorder can be cured only by following one or more of the following:
1) Consume probiotics with the required probiotic strains to fix the underlying metabolic disorders.
2) Consume fibre-rich foods (e.g. ground flax seed, cinnamon powder, etc.) so that it will help in the multiplication of probiotic microbes since fibres are food for good microbes.
3) Reduce the consumption of sugar since sugar is the food for bad microbes in the digestive system.
Recently, I met a person who was Diabetes 2 for a long time. He took 2 teaspoon of ground flax seed for about six months. He also reduced consumption of sugar drastically.
He is no longer Diabetes 2. Ground flax seed can be considered as one of the prebiotic foods since it is fibre-rich.
According to an article available in the net titled “Probiotics and Prebiotics for the Amelioration of Type 1 Diabetes”, Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease characterized by immune-mediated destruction of pancreatic beta cells. The interaction between gut microbiota and host immune cells plays a critical role in the development of Type 1 Diabetes.
The suggested probiotic strains to treat Diabetes 1 as given in the article are: 1) L. Brevis, 2) Streptococcus Thermophilus, 3) L. Reuteri, 4) lactococcus Lactis, 5) L. Rhamonous, 6) L. Plantarum, 7) B. Longum, 8) B. Lactis, 9) L. Johnsonii and 10) L. Fermentum. I searched the net to find multi strain probiotic brands that contain at least 8 probiotic strains from the suggested 10 probiotic strains. I spent more than 2 hours in the net to find 6 brands that satisfy this requirement. The brands are listed below in the alphabetical order:
1) CaptainBiotics Probiotic – 19 probiotic strains.
2) Garden of Life RAW Probiotics for Women – 32 probiotic strains.
3) INNATE Vitality women's Probiotic – 17 probiotic strains.
4) InnovixLabs Multi strain Probiotic – 31 probiotic strains.
5) NewRhythm Probiotic – 20 probiotic strains.
6) Terranics Probiotic – 19 probiotic strains.
One can do additional search in the net to find additional brands that satisfy the requirement. Then select the brand you like most and take one tablet / capsule per day. It may be a good idea to take 2 teaspoon of ground flax seed at night.
If a person is Diabetes 1 for a long time, the person may have a large number of damaged cells in the body due to high blood sugar level. When we eat food, our blood sugar level will go up. Normal cells will store sugar and release sugar when body needs it. But damaged cells will not store any sugar. Because of this, blood sugar level two hours after eating will be high. In order to solve this problem, there is a need to convert damaged cells in the body into normal cells. For this, one has to do the following:
1) Increase the supply of oxygen to damaged cells. This can be done by breathing exercise and consuming foods rich in chlorophyll and iron (e.g., spinach).
2) Alkalise the body. There are many different ways to alkalise the body. One simple way is to drink lemon water. Lemon water can be prepared as follows: If a person will consume about 8 cups of drinking water per day, then take 8 cups of drinking water and add about 3 slices of whole lemon (including outer skin). Then soak them for about 12 hours. In the morning, remove the lemon slices and drink the lemon water throughout the day.
People who are taking immunosuppressant drug cannot any probiotics. It may be better idea to talk to your doctor regarding this. It will take about 2 to 3 months to see improvements.