My gastritis is the result of ingesting (unknowingly) foods that contain soy and canola oils. They are GMO and highly sprayed with RoundUP. Glyphosate the toxic ingredient in it can cause the stomach to literally paralyze and inflame. I can get headaches sometimes too with it or nausea, constipation too. It can last for weeks but I have learned to mitigate it. I personally eat an organic diet and my own cooking I never have a problem. Processed food (I'm talking mayo here or salad dressings) or eating out is a minefield for me.
What helped me to combat IBS and gastritis:
- Small meals in the evening
- Avoiding dairy and too much salt
- Avoiding coffee and wheat
- Taking enteric coated peppermint oil capsules
- Taking paracetamol
- Drinking green tea
- Also - place two cardamom pods in a mug and add boiling water. Allow to steep for five minutes. Add honey. Sip the water and slowly chew on the cardamom pods.
- Add honey to beverages
- Eat cabbage
- Reduce stress
I noticed my symptoms reduce significantly within a week.