Last Modified on Jun 18, 2014
What Is a Fracture?
The skeletal system makes up the overall structure of the body and is comprised of 206 bones. As these bones are subjected to constant pressure and use, the bones may become weak and even break. A fracture is a break in a bone of any size caused when the bone is expressed to more pressure than it can withstand. A fracture in which the bone punctures the skin is called an open or compound fracture while a stress fracture is a small, hairline crack in bone.
A fracture or broken bone can occur in any of the 206 bones in the body. However, several factors contribute to the breaking of a bone. Falling from a great distance, being involved in a car accident and being subjected to a direct blow are all possible causes of fractures. Likewise, child abuse or repetitive forces such as those involved with running causing stress on the foot, ankle, tibia or hip. Hip fractures are among the most common types of fractures; however, a break may occur in any bone.
Symptoms of fractures include a visibly out-of-place or deformed limb or joint, swelling, bruising, bleeding, intense pain and numbness or tingling. In severe cases, a broken bone may protrude the skin and cause limited mobility.
Natural Treatments for Bone Fractures
While broken bones do necessitate evaluation by a medical professional, many home treatments can be used to speed and aid healing of fractures. Many options are typically even effective as hip fracture treatment. One of the best ways to heal bones is creating a comfrey poultice or compress using several tablespoons of comfrey mixed into a paste with water. Applied topically to the wounded area and bound with a cotton cloth, this method shortens healing time and bonds bone together more effectively. Additionally, DMSO, garlic, MSM and turmeric are effective supplements for supporting bone healing.
[YEA] 04/15/2007: Carol from OKC, U. S. A.: "...Comfrey compresses healed not only the deep bruising (in 3 days), resulting from a stubbed, broken toe but also, bone -- after all, the common name for comfrey is "knit bone". Raspberry tea healed my indigestion after I was forced to eat "junk food" for 3 days whilst staying with my husband's cousin."
[YEA] 03/03/2007: Ann from Union County, NJ: "I fractured my right fifth metacarpal the beginning of this month. I saw the orthopaedist and he set it with a cast. I used a tincture of comfrey acquired from the local healthfood store. I applied with a q-tip under the cast at the site of the fracture once or twice a day. I went back to the doc for my followup visit two weeks and two days after the injury, the doc kept asking, three times, "When did this injury had occur?" He could not believe how fast it had healed, he left the cast off and now I have a soft splint. Now I apply the comfrey tincture on a bandaid and leave it on overnight. I hope to be splint free when I go for my next two week checkup. Not bad for a 58 year old female."Replies
04/21/2011: Leslie from New Castle, Pa replies: "I fractured my fifth metatarsal on my left foot in February. This happened just from regular walking because my ankle is fused. I walked on it for a month (it was hurting but I did not realize it was broke), saw my orthopaedic surgeon on March 24th was told it was a stress fracture. I was put in a boot and told to use crutches. Went for a follow up on April 14th. It is starting to heal but I was told crutches for 2-4 months minimum. I cried the whole way home.
Came to Earth Clinic for advice and saw your post. I purchased Comfrey Tincture and I've been applying it in the evening before bedtime. I go back on May 12th for a follow up. I hope to have the positive results others have had with Comfrey! I will post an update on my progress."
[YEA] 03/12/2002: Donna from Ukaih, California: "I used a comfrey poultice on my granddaughter's arm and it healed so rapidly, the doctor was amazed. My 90 yr old mom just broke her arm and I'm using a comfrey compress. I'm told it will take 3 months or more for it to heal, so we'll see, but I have faith that it will heal much faster!!!"
Ted from Bangkok, Thailand: "You can get around the comfrey problem for internal use as comfrey's active ingredient is allantoin. What you need is to dissolve allantoin, which is not soluble in water. However, it is soluble in DMSO and this can help with fractures. You can mix about 100-5000 mg of allantoin to 2 cc of DMSO. Of course you should add water to 10-20 cc at which you can apply to the skin or drink for internal purposes. It has help some people heal fractures and this is one way to avoid poisonous alkaloids from comfrey. Some people added aloe vera extracts and oil to improve healing.
Dosages for DMSO mixed with comfrey on a per day basis is estimated to be about 10 drops per day based on mixture I mentioned. Please understand that use of DMSO will result in you getting garlic odor. You can reduce this if you halved your dosages or drinking diluted hydrogen peroxide will also help reduce the smell. The reason why it smells garlic is because your body is hungry for oxygen. What it does is it takes out the oxygen component from the DMSO to get DMS. Now if the water you drink is high in hydrogen peroxide (water with not over 0.5% food grade H2O2), then the oxygen will come from H2O2 component more readily, reducing the garlic smell somewhat. Of course you can try MSM which is an DMSO with one more oxygen, this will get rid of the problem and will also help with healing of fractures. Of course, MSM is not as good of solvent for allantoin as DMSO."
08/03/2009: Greg from Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria: "I read "garlic helps to heal fractured bones" - Has someone applied this in factured bone(s)? How, what are the results and how long it takes compared to comfrey salve - Allantoin. Guidelines will be highly appeciated. Thanks and God Bless. Greg."
10/14/2012: Karen from Centerville, Ut, Usa: "You may be able to guess why I'm having trouble nailing advice on this one just using Google! I just read about comfrey and can't believe I forgot that one for my herbal bag of tricks. With a deeper fracture like this, do you just heat it up a bit more and leave it on a bit longer?
Anyway, main concern (due to lots of misdiagnosing, I really think the fracture occurred following a should have been simple (and wasn't) ventral hernia repair last January. Surgery itself was OK, just have had very bad pain and a limp ever since (pain over the iliopsoas, which I think make sense in light of the location of the fracture). Because of misdiagnosis ("something in the hip, " "osteoarthritis" "let's just try cortisone") I've actually been in PT plus hiking and biking over the summer. Not a prime candidate for oodles of osteoporosis, but am getting a bone density scan.
Anyway, my specific problem is my husband and I are happily married and are trying to avoid the celibacy thing (this is 9 months, after all) but are looking for tips to avoid further injury to the area. Please, does anyone have any suggestions? Positions? If it hurts, don't do it? Limit actual intercourse to some number of minutes. (Probably some of you ladies would be envious, but he can go on at length without peaking, but many, many minutes even with my leg supported does start to make the involved area painful).
Collateral damage: had rotator cuff surgery on both sides 2 years ago. Crutches provoked rotator cuff pain that was worse than the fracture. Have since found the spring-loaded dealies, but a lot of the damage was already done (thinking comfrey might be a help there as well).
Sorry if this frankness makes anyone on the list uncomfortable, but this has not been a subject I've been able to find any info about (plus I'm being treated in a university setting so feel like I'm getting care management by the Keystone Kops. ) Ted and anyone else, dig in!"
[BETTER BUT NOT CURED] 10/27/2011: Dolores from Mansfield, Mo: "Blessing to all. I started taking MSM for my fracture foot, which it did not help. BUT it has my knee joints and elbows. I tried the apple cider vinegar also."
03/07/2009: Stan from Menomonie, WI. USA: "I served in the military and as a result of my training have been suffering bilateral stress fractures in my shins. It has been two years of going to the doctors who are unable to pinpoint the source(s) of my pain. They have given me peroxicam(sp?) to help with the pain which kind of works. I was wondering if anyone has/had a similar injury and what you did for the pain and to help the healing process. The doctors think I am crazy and tell me I should not be feeling any pain according to the x-rays, and I would love to tell them differently. Along with this pain it is troublesome to work a full 8 hour day without being completely wiped out 6 hours into it. Being on my feet daily is out of the question for now. It seems time it helping but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what to do to help with the pain. Please advise. Thank you!"Replies
03/15/2009: Cindy from Ch, WI replies: "please i would like to find the post from stan from menomonie,wi from march 7 or 8th, 2009 about stress fracture pain, thank you"
03/15/2009: Joyce from Joelton, Tn replies: "Hello Stan,
Sorry you are having the pain problem. I assume that your stress fractures are a few years old so it would now be called traumatic arthritis pain. Don't know if it will help you or not but I have been taking MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) for approximately 15 years now for that type pain and it is the best thing I have found yet. You won't realize it is doing anything until one day you will notice that the weather has changed and your usual bone or joint pain hasn't hit you yet. Another fellow I got started taking it fell off a ladder at work and broke his leg. He was out of work more than a year because when they took the cast off they found it wasn't set right, so he had a trip to surgery to rebreak it and a pinning job. He was having a lot of pain at the time I told him about it. I told him that I had started off taking the race horse dose to begin with but I don't know whether he did the same or not. When I told him I was fixing to reorder my MSM and asked if he wanted me to order some more for him, he was delighted. He ordered 2 or 3 pounds for himself and told me to order three more for him, because he planned to give them for Xmas gifts that year. The MSM found in the horse section of any local farmer's Co-op is the same stuff. Just make sure it is well packaged and at least 99.9% pure MSM.
You can find a lot on line by googling MSM."
03/25/2009: Stan from Menomonie, WI replies: "Just a question in regards to the MSM usage. What type of MSM is used? I was looking at our local food coop and found tablet forms, however the veterinary use has me curious. Is that in a powder form that gets mixed with horse feed? I'm not too inclined on horse knowledge myself. It would be great if I could get any more information on how to use/take MSM (veterinary style.) I appreciate all of your help! Thank you!"
03/26/2009: Joyce from Joelton, Tn replies: "Hello Stan from Menomonie,
Go on line and see in you can get into the archives of Journal of Longevity magazine. This is where I first read about MSM (all MSM should be methylsulfonylmenthane) and after seeing what MSM's chemical name is you can readily see why it is called MSM. MSM was used in vetinary medicine long before it made it to us, primarily to keep the joints of the race horses healthy. In the Journal of Longevity article titled "Breakthrough in Joint Pain" which was written by a doctor (Lawrence I think) but it was about a Dr. Jacobs who had been using it in patients for sometime before it was written & published. It also told that Dr. Jacobs who had been taking the recommended race horse dosage for a prolonged period to see if there would be any reaction to a larger dose, at the age of 75 years old still had a head full of dark hair, no adverse reactions from MSM, and still teaching in medical school and still treating patients. The 2 doctors have written a book on MSM and what it does.
I started taking the race horse dose myself and like Dr. Jacobs have had no adverse reactions. The changes in the weather no longer bothered my 2 joints that gave me the most trouble. When me and the ladder I was on did a backward flip a few years ago, which gave me slight impaction fracture of the left distal femur, a proximal tibial plateau fracture, and a totally detached ACL, I walked on the knee with a knee brace, pair of crutches and took no more than 2 Orudis KT tablets for pain during the healing of the above injury, but you had better believe that I was taking the race horse dose of MSM the whole time. If you check the Farmer's Co-Op for MSM, you will find it is in crystal form & can be mixed with the animals feed. It is also used for other animals, such as dogs. As for myself, it goes down easily by dissolving in water and drinking it. It doesn't taste all that good but the bad taste is gone as soon as you rinse your mouth out with water after drinking it. "
[YEA] 05/09/2008: Joyce from Duke, Tn: "It is called MSM because its chemical name is methylsulfonylmethane. This is a first cousin of sulphur & is related to DMSO also. MSM is a natural substance found in the body, but apparently is another of those things that have declined in our super fertilized agriculture which has a habit of depleting our foods of many of those nutrients that used to be found in adequate amounts in our foods.You can google MSM or the chemical name & learn more about it. I have loved the results ever since I realized how effective it was. I got a number of people interested & they started taking it and found just as great as I told them it was. A lot of those had some post traumatic arthritis. My nephew was unable to get his hands above his head (fractured wrists years ago from motocycle accidents). He started taking it l0 or 15 years ago and still is. He's probably giving some to his horses & dog also. A coworker told me that her husband's back gave him less trouble after starting it. He had fractured his back in a car wreck several years before & was very painful after that. When The ladder I was did a backward flip 2 years, ER xrays said nothing broke, MRI done 2 days later said I had a slight impaction fracture of the distal femur, tibial plateau fracture, and totally unattached AC ligament in the left knee. With a hinged knee brace, a pair of crutches and the race horse dose of MSM daily, I breezed through recovery with only 2 Orudis kt (NSAID) pills for pain. Knee is painless unless I do something like I did approx. a year later. In preventing myself from falling with a big box of books in my arms, I had to do what I wasn't supposed to - I had to pivot on the left knee and without an ACL, you can't swivel or pivot on the injured knee. I think it was my hamstring muscle I got on that one - unfortunately MSM didn't help that much on that one. Other than not being able to pivot or swivel on that knee, the only other restriction I have is to continue to wear the knee brace when waling on uneven ground, so when I go hiking through the woods, I wear it and very thankful that I have it."
03/18/2010: Cindy from Oroville, Ca, Usa: "Mending broken bones
I broke my foot 2 years to the day. A simple break, the DR called it a Dancers break. Just the outside bone below my little toe. Big complications later with blood clots, surgeries etc. But my question would be, why the spot still hurts. It has been aching a lot lately. I would like something to try naturally to heal this. Any ideas I would love to try. I am doing clay bathes now."
02/26/2014: Helpyourself from Texas, Usa: "Has anyone heard of Acute Compartment Syndrome? CBS reports that PBS Frontline reporter, Miles O'Brien had his arm amputated due to this syndrome caused by hitting his arm while packing up camera equipment. Seems extreme to amputate --anyone know of alternative medicine for this? Did google this and still hopeful for others that something else could be done."Replies
02/26/2014: Prioris from Fl replies: "I would break the problems of the Syndrome down and address each one. It seems clear that there is neuropathy in the condition that needs to be addressed so try neuropathy remedies.
Blood flow is another problem so I would address that with nattokinase. I notice one of the side effects of coumadion is compartment syndrome do any body on medication will need to get off it. Nattokinase doesn't have that effect.
As far as conventional doctors amputating the limb, it makes sense since it is an easier cure from their point of view."
[BETTER BUT NOT CURED] 12/02/2009: Beth from Stl, Mo: "Turmeric and Comfrey for Fracture/Bone Bruise
I recently fell and hurt my wrist- I was in the ER and they said it looked like a bone chip or fracture- I still have yet to have a second opinion- I'm going to see if it's healing this week. They gave me a splint to wear and while the pain wasn't too bad my hand felt off and the joint on my wrist below my thumb was deeply bruised- it hurt just to bump it. It's been about a week and I wish I would have tried something sooner- nevertheless I took 1/4 tsp of turmeric in a small glass of soymilk last night (in water in the past I had trouble getting it down) and today the bruising is finally less painful. I am also using comfrey tincture on it nightly I wrap w cotton gauze and put some drops and keep it on overnight and rub a bit on in the morning. I'll see soon whether it's actually healing- but it is feeling better."
03/06/2014: Robert Henry from Ten Mile , Tn: "HI U OLE PATOOTS DOIN, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
I ain't too sporty these days. I told you about my fall and that my chiropractor would handle the problem. Well, now I got a different story. I let him address my problem far too long. He took X-rays and said I have a bulged disc in L 5, so he adjusted me 2 or 3 times a week. For two weeks I went out of his office worse than I went in. I asked him if I needed to go up the food chain. "No , he could handle it." My ass. I went to my integrative folks in Atlanta and they made me get an MRI.
My T 12 Vertebrae was crushed. Every time my Chiropractor adjusted me, he re-injured my back to the initial injury and worse. I am now in a corset that the Antebellum women would have traded for in a minute. Wow, this dang thing is a pain in the rear and I can imagine how they felt as that was the attire of the day.
My Chiropractor is a good guy , knowledgeable, but he needs his comeuppance and I plan to scare the Be-Jesus out of him. I am not going to sue him, but intend for him to sweat bullets. He is just confident enough that he has forgotten his basics. " First do no harm". I plan to drag this thing out so he gets a lesson in life. There is a place in health for Chiropractors but when they get over their head, then you need to bring them back to ground zero.
Some of you will question my actions. Just remember this is me and not you . You are more than likely not as smart as me. That is your problem. My Dad always told me , "Son you need a whipping ever so often to loosen your skin so you can grow". I buy into that theory and plan to loosen up my Chiropractors skin soes he can grow.
My trauma is not being able to work our garden and orchard this year. I live in the third poorest county in Tenn. All are drawing. If I advertised for help on our farm to share our food stuff, I would get zero response. Good people, this country is in it's last days. Sorry to rain on your parade, but that's ATS.
======OLE BROKE BACK ROBERT HENRY============="Replies
03/06/2014: Teeg from Bama replies: "Robert Henry, I know what you mean about working for the food--they won't do it, but will line up for miles if it's picked & ready for them. I used to bring in excess veg's to work, until one girl told me that "You need to bring in some of that free food again." Told her it wasn't free and she argued with me, so I cut her off. Now she's mad and will cause trouble if I bring anything to the others. I get $4.50/doz for my eggs and she's making a stink about her not getting any, so I won't be bringing them in anymore. What a parasite."
03/06/2014: Prioris from Fl, Usa replies: "Usually each adjustment requires 3-4 days to take hold. Three adjustments would seem excessive. Two is just about right. Usually one gets better after a week. You mentioned chiropractor "reinjured" causing compressed vertebrae. This may make make the situation murky.
Since your very old, are you taking a highly absorbable Hyaluronic Acid. If not, that could be an underlying cause of your spine problem. I'd first try that and if it fixes it then I'd just let the chiropractor be."
03/06/2014: Carly from Pnw, Usa replies: "I hope you are on the mend soon Robert Henry.
My mom had a similar situation a few years ago. She was about 78 at the time. Great chiro, just didn't realize the extent of her osteoporosis at the time. He was very, very apologetic, and she didn't even attempt to "loosen his skin" lol.
I hope your chiropractor is contrite as well. I think sometimes they just don't consider the fact that bones can be broken in people with osteoporosis. He does need a talking to, just so that he may be more careful with older people in the future.
Keep on keeping on....you are a peach. :-)
03/06/2014: Prioris from Fl, Usa replies: "The Collagen/Hyaluronic Acid (biocell version) addresses osteoporosis and joint problems. Cushions all the joints with collagen. That injury is just a probably a warning sign that collagen depletion is nearing empty. Probably would not have happened if supplementing. Anybody over 50 should be considering this or similar supplement. Old age brings depletion of many stuff in our body."
03/10/2014: Robert Henry from Ten Mile , Tn replies: "HI U TEEG FROM BAMA, , , , , , , , , , Worked in Selma for 5 years in the 80's and sent our two daughters to Auburn. Goal was to get them soes they could make a living and not have to take abuse from a man. Told them to collect butterfly's as a hobby, but study something that will make you a living. They are both doing well.
I appreciate your story about freebies. That is the way the low information folks are. They are taking this nation over and a few are frequent contributors to this site. All have heard this tale.... want some fish ?, are they cleaned? Not no, but heck no.
Teeg, I learned today that not only does Melatonin help you sleep, it helps shut down your back pain. I needed that information with my fractured vertebrae. Had a discussion with my chiropractor today about his treatment. Everyone has to make a living and sometimes this causes folks to hedge. I think that if all MD's moved back into a 3 bedroom, one bath house, and drove a cheap Ford, their treatments would be different. Jus sayin.............
Greed is not good when it causes you to make bad decisions. Most all professionals have arrived. Lawyers, MD's, Teachers, and Politicians and Unions. You are on you own, as most on this site know.
===========OLE ROBERT HENRY=================="
03/10/2014: Rsw from Uniontown, Oh replies: "Hi Robert Henry,
Hope you are feeling a little better regarding the back problem. How much melatonin (mg?) did you take to get relief? My husband read that back compression can be due to or aggravated by dehydration, so I've been trying to drink more water. Was wondering if you take any Boron to strengthen the bones? Was the chiropractor sweating when you visited him? I would have liked to have seen that! Wish we could all have a caravan down to your farm to give you a hand. It would be good to actually meet all these people who have become like family! Take care and take it easy. Hope you feel better soon."
03/11/2014: Robert Henry from Ten Mile , Tn replies: "HI U RSW, , , , , , , , , , , , , , Listen here, as all know I'm an extremist, without apology. I take the best and the second best at the same time. If two aspirins will take care of a headache in in two hours then 4 aspirins will do it in one hour.
I am doing the best and second best bone building supplements at the same time. To heck with which one did the deal. I just want to get well.
About 10 years ago I learned that I had osteoporosis due to taking a Big Pharma drug over a lifetime. My doctor told me to take this drug along with any calcium from Walgreens. What this drug does is to cause you to loose your jaw. It is now banned, but not after it had messed up lots of folks . He was wrong on both points. I researched so I did not do the drug. Second guess your MD. He is 20 years behind you .
Your bones are changed out every 7 years. If your body pH is low then it wlll remove the calcium from your bones to keep your blood pH between 7.35 to 7.45, otherwise you die. You body does not want you to die so it does what it has to do to keep you alive. Amazing isn't it.
My chore now is to rebuild a crushed vertebra and PDQ. I am pulling every trick I know and constantly reading. I thank you for your concern. As all know I whipped Lymphoma a year ago and will whip this current problem.
What you folks need to understand is that you heal yourself with knowledge and Earth Clinic is a great start.
========OLE ROBERT HENRY==================="
03/12/2014: Bill from San Fenando, Philippines replies: "Hi Robert Henry...Great to hear from you again. I thought that I'ld add some other knowledge which might help regarding osteoporosis.
Most people, including doctors, believe that all you need to help proper bone formation is just calcium. What follows is the quick and dirty explanation of how bone is formed in the body.
* Calcium is needed in the right form and in the right amounts. Calcium carbonate is the wrong form because it is almost completely insoluble. Chelated calcium such as calcium citrate is the right form because it is soluble and easily absorbed by the body. Add to this that there is excess calcium in our diets anyway, so what's really missing from our diets is magnesium -- to properly regulate calcium in the blood and cells. Mag chloride or magnesium oil is the best one. Ten drops twice a day with water with meals.
* There are two hormones that are critical for proper bone formation in the body: osteoblasts and osteoclasts. Osteoblasts help to form bone and osteoclasts remove bone and this is a continuous never-ending process cycle in the body. As you can see, this dual hormone mechanism MUST be in proper balance to avoid osteoporosis.
* The thyroid gland produces calcitonin, a hormone that controls and generates osteoblasts(for bone formation). The parathyroid regulates the osteoclasts(for bone removal). The thyroid is wholly dependent on iodine for proper calcitonin production and the parathyroid is mainly regulated by boron(borax). So proper amounts of iodine and boron(borax) in the diet are critical for proper bone maintenance and for avoidance of osteoporosis. Ensure that you take 50 mgs lugols iodine with water per day in four separate two drop dosages. Take borax as recommended by Ted from Bangkok.
* Acid blood and acid cells will also hinder bone formation. Acidity with excess calcium in the blood also causes calcification of the cells in tissues -- which causes mitochondrial calcification and eventual myalgia pain. Use Ted's Alkalizing Remedies to attain proper body pH levels.
I've made some obvious connections in the above explanations and I conclude that the bone forming process in the body is much more complex than the doctor's describe or know about. Perhaps now some will be able to see how the knee jerk reaction of just "I need more calcium!! " is completely inadequate given the above dependencies for proper bone formation in the body
Even my explanation above of the bone in the human body is simplistic. You'll also need other minerals such as manganese and iron for healthy bone. I take BSM(Blackstrap Molasses) and fulvic acid to supply these essential minerals.
Hopefully my explanations will help to clear the air and help to explain why the doctor's cure for osteoporosis just doesn't work.
If you also have crushed bones in your back, I would also recommend Ted's Hyaluronic Acid Cure -- using a solution of sea salt and hyaluronic acid in 500 mls of water. This will accelerate bone healing."
03/15/2014: Happy from Up The Creek In Wv, Usa replies: "Robert HENRY;
I have been doing arm-chair research on how to prevent and correctosteo-porosiss and osteo-penia for about 15 years now. From what I've been led to believe about what to do about it, you are also finding. I concur with what you have found out about the alkalinity.
..................... About 10 years ago I learned that I had osteoporosis due to taking a Big Pharma drug over a lifetime. My doctor told me to take this drug along with any calcium from Walgreens.................
Your bones are changed out every 7 years. If your body pH is low then it wlll remove the calcium from your bones to keep your blood pH between 7.35 to 7.45, otherwise you die.................. My chore now is to rebuild a crushed vertebra and PDQ. I am pulling every trick I know and constantly reading ...................
A family member was put on this same drug. Before it was a bone drug, it was a industrial chemical used to clean drains, similar to "draino". a short while before she started the drug, she was told she had ther bones of a 20 year old person. She asked me if the drug was safe after reading about the side effects. I found literature by a man that stated that the drug would its-self cause osteoporis, and prevent new bone from forming, leaving you with only weak dead bone, which breaks and crumbles easily. Thereby destroying you, and your bone system. She decided to take the drug anyway. Within months her bone structure began to deteriorate and fall apart. It has been about 7 or 8 years now, and she is practically a invalid from osteo-porosis effects on her spine and body. Everything the learned man said would happen to her bones did happen.
But she did not try any nutritional or herbal supplements to reverse the damage. To her; a M.D. in a white coat is a god.
your chiropracter probably did not know about the bone rot caused by the drug you took. Most people are never told about this. It is a dirty little secret. You are absolutely correct in believing that it is your solemn duty to educate him about it, and impress upon him that he must recognize it as a reality that exists; to avoid harming future patients, as he did you.
Some things I have come across:
1. CATTLE BONE - raw, pulverised, freeze dried, cold processed, cattle bone has been tested and shown to be able to reverse osteoporosis bone loss, in some cases, perhaps many cases. It is called MCHA = micro crystallne hydroxy apetite. It is NEVER called cattle bone on the labels of the supplements. be aware that some brands sell mcha that is NOT cold processed. buy the brands that CLAIM to be from cold processed cattle bones. If they do not claim to be cold processed : then you must assume they are processed with heat, or steam heat. this kills the protein part of the mcha compound. Your chiropracter probably sells a cold processed brand.
2. Calcium from green leaf vegetables and other vegetables - the biggest animals on earth with the biggest bones to make all rely on raw green grass and herbs to make it with.
a supplement company, G.O.L. , came out with a sea-weed based calcium about 5 years ago. When they 1st came out with; it they guarnteed that it would arrest, or reverse, your osteoporosis, or your money back on the supplements, even paying for the CT scan from your doctor to prove that it didn't work. However, I don't see that advertisement lately. I don't know if they still make these claims or not.
3. Calcium amount needed in diet - the people who have the best bone density and who never get osteo porosis are the native Africans ( from my memory, I could be wrong about this identity) They only ingest about 250 mg. of calcium per day, from food sources. The milk drinking Euros and Americans have the highest rates of osteoporosis. They get large amounts of calcium in their diets. Too much calcium seems to be a cause of osteo-porosis. Milk drinking seems to cause osteo-porosis. Especially heat damaged (= pasturized ) milk. Standard calcium supplements sold in America on store shelves seems to cause osteo-porosis; and they never cure it.
4. HORSETAIL SILICA - herb source of silica mineral. Silica is transduced into calcium in animal bodies. see [ KEVRAN, ET AL.] springtime young horsetail herb is the best source of this silica. Do not substitute bamboo silica, it is not as biologically absorbable to the body. Horsetail silica extract is widely sold as pill form now. it should be manufactured in a certain way, method.
5. VITAMIN K1 + K2 - directs the calcium into the bones.
6. Vit. D3 - directs the calcium into the bones. made by body if you sun-bathe.
7. fluoride as a bone poison - well known, well researched. is in both treated water and patent medicenes, insecticides. huge amount of data on this effect. Bromides also.......... see borax and cilantro and thioctic acid [fish bowl water cleaner] as detoxifiers.
8. alkaline diet - saves your calcium from being used up to neutralize blood acids. use pH test papers on your saliva and urine to test for your acidity, and adjust the diet.
9. soda pop - contains highly acidic phosphoric acid that will need to be neutralized by calcium taken from your bones.
10. trace minerals
That is what comes to mind right now about mending osteoporosis. I hope this information can help you."
03/15/2014: Happy from Up The Creek In Wv, Usa replies: "Bone genesis enhancing supplements ... continued ....
Robert Henry; I forgot to mention this method of increasing bone mass:
11.Testosterone hormones- causes body to lay down new bone and mucle, and strengthen the bone already there.
4 sources of testosterone stimulating biologicals are:
source of info: http://www.znaturalfoods.com/
1. tongkat ali root - or longjack -- well researched -- "Tongkat ali, also known as pasak bumi or longjack, is a root traditionally used in Southeast Asia to increase libido and sexual performance. Tongkat ali is thought to work by naturally increasing free testosterone levels. Other reported effects include decreased body fat, increased muscle mass, increased energy, enhanced immune system and mental clarity. Both men and women can experience the remarkable benefits of this amazing herb." Some possible benefits of raw Tongkat Ali powder may include:
- Increasing libido & sexual function
- naturally increasing free testosterone levels
- Accelerating wound healing
- Dramatically increasing the immune function
- Increasing muscle mass
- Reducing seasonal allergies
- Increasing levels of adenosine triphosphate (ATP)
- Increasing sex drive with better, longer lasting, & more satisfying sex
- Boosting strength, energy, & endurance levels
- Improving mood while reducing depression
- Providing thicker, healthier, more natural looking hair
- Promoting healthy lipid levels
- Improving mental clarity & memory
- Naturally increasing metabolism
- Increasing bone density, strength, & health
- Improving body tone & eliminating excess body fat
- Anti-aging qualities
2. maca root - also a dense source of calcium
" .......... black maca root has the strongest effects on spermatogenesis as reported by PubMed.gov in a study done by J. Nieto and colleagues that was published in the October 2006 issue of "Andrologia. "Black Maca Root was shown to improve sperm count in just one day after treatment. During this study, lab rats were given 2 grams of black maca root for 12 days, and sperm counts were tested every couple days. The results showed an increase in sperm count just one day after treatment with the sperm count remaining higher over the entire 12 days.
Black Maca contains many amino acids including all the essential and many non-essential amino acids. Maca root also has high concentrations of B vitamins. Black Maca has incredible mineral richness, most notably with high levels of calcium (but also magnesium, phosphorous, etc.). Minerals commonly need other minerals in order to be absorbed well in the body. In addition, maca has a rare chemical that allows for a tremendous increase in calcium absorption across the board. Not to mention numerous vitamins, fatty acids, and antioxidants.
........ Maca is an adaptogen, meaning it works with the body to either raise or lower many metabolic functions. Black Maca has an adaptogenic effect on blood pressure (i.e., can raise or lower depending on what's needed), and most famously on hormone levels. Black Maca has been shown to feed the endocrine system and has tremendous hormone-balancing properties overall. ........
.... Black Maca generates core energy in the body and mind without the stimulant effects from caffeine. Black Maca Root is invigorating and uplifting through a powerful and distinct nutritional profile. In one study rats were given black maca root to see how quickly they would reach maximum fatigue while swimming. Rats that were given no maca reached fatigue in 10 - 15 minutes while the rats that ate black maca root reached fatigue in 100 - 120 minutes.... "
Some possible benefits of Raw Organic Black Maca Root Powder may include:
- Improving sperm production & mobility
- High in amino acids, including 7 essential amino-acids, & a rich source of vitamins & minerals
- Helping nourish, regulate, & feed the entire endocrine system
- Increasing physical strength, stamina & energy
- Helping promote hormonal balance in men & women of all ages
- Reducing menopausal symptoms & hot flashes
- Combating erectile dysfunction
- Helping regulate blood sugar
- Improving emotional & physical well being
- Reducing chronic fatigue conditions
- Reducing depression
- Adaptogenic properties
- Rebuilding bone & cartilage
- Decreasing thyroid & fibromyalgia issues
- Improving learning & memory
- Strengthens the liver
- Increasing fertility in men & women
- High levels of glucosinolates, alkaloids, steroids, tannins, saponins, & cardiotonic glycosides
3. Velvet bean, Cowitch, Cowhage, -- "The total alkaloids from Mucuna Pruriens comprise of five alkaloids (purienine and purienidine), are found to stimulate the secretion of testosterone to ensure greater availability to gonads. This leads to increase sperm count and increase testes size. The testes section of the mice shows increase sperm count at the 20th day, and even higher sperm count on the 30th day. Spermatogenesis is governed by testosterone. The alkaloids in Mucuna Pruriens increase testosterone level in seminiferous tubules either by action on pituitary function or on leydig's cells that store testosterone.."
Some possible benefits of our Mucuna Pruriens Seed Extract Powder may include:
- Increasing libido & sexual performance for men & women
- Improving mood & sense of well-being / antidepressant properties
- Increasing energy levels
- Boosting natural release of Human Growth Hormone (HGH) & Testosterone
- Increasing bone density & fighting osteoporosis
- Improving skin texture & appearance
- Fighting Parkinson disease
- Supporting healthy blood sugar levels
- Strengthening immune system
- Regeneration of organs (heart, kidney, liver, lungs)
- Improving sleep (promotes deep sleep & lucid dreams)
- Increasing sperm count
- Reducing body fat & decreasing cellulite
- Antioxidant properties
- Decreasing wrinkles
- Improving cholesterol profile
- Increasing lean muscle mass
- Potential use in the prophylactic treatment of snakebites
4. Coleus Forskohlii herb root - Some possible benefits of raw Coleus Forskohlii Root Powder may include:
- Aiding in weight reduction
- Increasing testosterone levels
- Improving energy levels
- Anti-platelet action, combined with Ginger & Turmeric
- Relaxing muscles
- Increasing levels of cyclic AMP (cAMP)
- Anti-glaucoma when used internally & externally
- Increasing blood vessel dilation
- Increasing lean muscle mass
- Enhancing the ability of antibiotics to kill bacteria that normally survive
- Reducing urinary tract infections
- Increasing bone mass
- Supporting a healthy cardiovascular system
- Improving digestion
- Reducing spasmodic pain
- Increasing fat-burning activity
- Increasing skin's natural resistance to burning under UV light
- Improving sleep
- Increasing metabolism
- Inhibiting brain acetylcholinesterase (AChEI) - possible reducing Alzheimer's symptoms
- Increasing thyroid function - hypothyroidism
- Reducing allergies & asthma symptoms
- Increasing fertility
- Supporting healthy blood pressure levels & improving heart function
- Reducing painful urination
- Promoting nerve repair by
- increasing cAMP concentrations
- Combating psoriasis
- Reducing chronic obstructive airway disease (bronchodilation) & reducing spasms of the bronchials (Bronchospasmolyltic)
03/16/2014: Robert Henry from Ten Mile , Tn. replies: "HI U HAPPY, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
In a back brace and just bought a lift lounge. Against the law. The greatest thing ever invented. Got it second hand, but it allows me to sleep and awake without a terrible back pain. I am doing two calcium supplements at one time. It's not the calcium but the things that cause it to deposit. Taking one mineral and one vegetable.
It's like the ole lady who peed in the sea, ever little drop helps.
I thank all for their counsel. I can stay in a back brace for 3 months or go to a spine MD and let him review my MRI and see if he can cement my T 12 vertebra together again. I'm a Ch E. and know science has it's place. This may be the time. I will decide after research.
My latest kick is commercial bread. I began researching this when one of my medical newsletters came in. Bread now contains phosphate which causes breast cancer. It also contains Bromine instead of Iodine because it is cheap. Bromine pushes iodine out of your body and so you have a Thyroid problem and that now causes a wheat belly. It's not the wheat, but the garbage additives in bread. It's a greed thing.
We are now considering baking our own bread, and I think you should do your own research and make up your own mind. Processed food will let you meet your maker sooner than you want.
That is my word. ======OLE ROBERT HENRY============="