I feel I need to warn everyone about how toxic teatree oil is. My little puppy who is 18 months old kept chewing her paw so I put a few drops of teatree oil on thinking it would stop the itch. The next morning she couldn't walk and was showing signs of rear paralysis. I googled teatree and realised this was very toxic as I had used 100% teatree. The vet hadn't heard of it and diagnosed a slipped disc but she came good a few hours later. It was a great relief and I am treating her now with a small dose of milk thistle daily to help her liver. She is back to normal and full of beans as usual. Was a big shock and I will definitely check before using any natural products again.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil almost killed my Corgi dog. I used it on his paws (a weak watered down solution from a recipe for allergies in dogs that I found on the internet) and I went off to work. When my husband got home, Cody was lethargic, could not stand up, and was VERY ill. My husband got him to the vet right away and by that time Cody's heart was in arrhythmia. If he had not gotten to the vet, he would have died. I had no idea that tea tree oil could be so toxic. DON'T USE TEA TREE OIL on your pet.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is toxic to dogs and cats. It is readliy absorbed through the skin' and can cause breakdown of the nervous system, resulting in shock, hypothermia, and death. I know because I accidently poisoned my dog by putting about a teaspoon of tea tree oil on a tick bite. Hours later she couldn't stand, was disoriented, and shivering. I gave her activated charcoal by mouth and bathed her and rubeed the spot with activated charcoal. She got better quickly after the charcoal, and the vet said she was lucky. Do not use Tea Tre Oil.