So my almost 3 month old kitten has ear mites. I first started out with R-7m not knowing about natural treatments. read on Amazon mostly good comments. I used it for 3 days hardly worked and nearly poisoned my kitten even tho used as directed. I researched more and saw mineral oils works wonders! Just a day after cleaning her ears with mineral oil it has loosened up the black gunk in her ears. Yesterday I could hardly see down her one ear canal now today is way better! Just after a day her ears are that much better and she is shaking her head less that I can tell so far! Will keep using it! Now I know that it is safe to use and she won't die from the poison of R-7m that mineral oil is great so far!