Mesenteric Adenitis Remedies
Just had a cat scan and was told it was mesenteric adenitis from a virus. I told them I had nearly the exact symptoms 35 years before - intense pain at the navel, nausea, diarrhea, etc, but they didn't know what it was back then. The first time I had this, I ate a low residue diet and became a vegetarian for at least a year. I didn't eat French fries or pizza for two years. It was a good decision and I healed well. This time, it's back to low residue diet, but since I have a chronic yeast problem and am older (! ), the healing has been slower.
A week after I recovered, I had a terrible relapse of 10 hours of pain and intermittent vomiting. Almost back at the hospital, but did a glutamine/electrolyte mix and recovered. I have lost a least 5 pounds. If you have this recurring, then you have a gut issue, either latent virus, leaky gut, fungus, etc. I assumed it had to be the chronic fungus issue, since I have been struggling with it for years, so I started treated it as such and have shown improvement.
Here is what I took:
- Super important for immediate relief: Hot (as you can stand it), Epsom salt baths (2 cups) with baking soda (1/2 cup). Lymphatic exercises while in tub (see post in this section about that). An amazing detox and pain reliever. Have water ready to drink. Soak for 20 minutes. Take a bath once a day, if possible.
- Hydrogen peroxide inhalation (see EC site for directions), 6 inhalations, 3 x a day. (in case of virus and fungus)
- MSM - high quality crystals - follow directions. This was one of the best treatments. Every time I did this, I felt better.
- Glutamine/aloe/deglycirrhized licorice - you can buy this as a complete powdered product or buy each one separate. Promotes gut healing, fast!
- Zinc-Carnosine - helps stomach/gut healing
- Probiotics Others: - High quality, chelated vitamins/minerals
- Iodine - Lugol's or other for virus, or in my case, leaky gut issue
- DMSO and coconut oil - rubbed on abdominal area of pain
Thanks to everyone who posts on EC. I have been helped so much. I pray for this site and those who manage it and are working toward fair health practices for all.
I am adding information to my earlier post on 9/14. From that time, it took 3 months to be completely pain free, with hot baths, glutamine and supplements (see earlier post for specifics). For four months I had no symptoms, then had a time of stress and exhaustion, and the tenderness and pain returned.
This time I used essential oils for inflammation, along with the baths/glutamine regimen I listed and had exceptional results.
I used DMSO, rubbed in as much as I wanted to cover the abdominal area, then used coconut oil, (as much as I wanted), lavender oil (maybe 10 drops or more), tea tree oil (5 drops), clove oil mix (almond, peppermint, cinnamon), 15 drops, as it already has a carrier oil and wasn't too strong, peppermint (5 drops), as it is very strong. I would do this 3 times a day, when I could. At least morning and night. Sometimes, I was completely pain free in 10 minutes. At other times, I had relief but it was tender.
The DMSO helped so much to get it to the area of pain quickly. There are many other oils for inflammation that I didn't have at the time, but these were very good. Thyme oil is supposed to be the best for inflammation, according to new research. Be sure to take Curcumin with Bioperene for bioavailability.
It is very important to rest and eat low residue or very soft vegetables and small meals. Blessings to all.