Hi Bill... Although I would completely agree with what Jason Uttley says in EC about fluoride causing Fibromyalgia (see https://www.earthclinic.com/cures/fibromyalgia.html), I would have to say that this is only one of the things which would could cause this illness. My reasoning goes like this. The introduction of fluorine into our diets via water, food and drugs etc only started to happen in the 1950s. But Fibromylagia -- or Muscular Rheumatism as it was known in the old days -- was also known to exist well before fluorine was introduced into drinking water, vaccines, food and drugs in the 1950s. Therefore, there must be more than one causative factor for Fibromyalgia. As far as I can determine, the following seem to relate as causative factors of Fibromyalgia:
* Fluorine in the drinking water, vaccines, drugs, agriculture and food supply.
* Excess calcium in the western diets. This promotes intracellular acidity and mitochondrial calcification -- causes muscular pain.
* Similarly, low amounts of Magnesium in the western diet also fascilitates excess calcium and acidity in the body with attending mitochondrial pain and energy problems.
* Acidity in the body weakens the immune system and leaves the back door open to pathogens entering the body as Ted from Bangkok suggests. Therefore mycoplasmas -- fungus like pathogens -- or other pathogens could also encourage Fibromyalgic symptoms.
* There is some conclusive evidence that heavy metals like mercury from vaccines also might contribute to fibromyalgia.
So what I am saying is that I agree that there is indeed a good chance that Fluoride is a major cause of Fibromyalgia, but I do not think that it is the only cause.
So the best remedy for Fibromyalgia would be a combined remedy, consisting of:
* Take large dose Lugol's iodine(12. 5 mgs/day at a minimum) to remove the fluoride from the body.
* Take 1/8 tsp of borax(20 Mule Team borax is OK to use here) in a liter of water a day for 3 days a week. This will remove fluorine, kill various pathogens in your body, and helps to balance your hormones.
* Initially, take 800 - 1200 mgs of Magnesium Chloride or Mag Citrate or Mag Gluconate in split doses for about 3 days(or for longer if you can) and then reduce intake to about 500 mgs per day. This helps to restore your calcium balance, removes intracellular acidity and helps to eliminate both mitochondrial calcification and muscular pain.
* Alkalize the blood with 1/2 tspn Baking Soda(Sodium Bicarbonate) twice a day.
* Take 6 - 10 drops of 1% Hydrogen Peroxide I n a glass of water per day. This helps to kill the mycoplasmas that could be causing the Fibro.
* Eat cilantro in salads 3 times a week and drink green tea. This should help to remove heavy metals from your body.
* Use 0. 1% Methylene Blue. Dosage is 4 - 6 drops in a glass of water with dissolved ascorbic acid(1000 mgs) as Ascorbate twice a day. This is a mitochondrial super-antioxidant that helps to revive the cell mitochondria to give you more energy.
Follow a candida diet -- see this link:
For more remedies and explanations see Ted's Fibro Remedies this link:
There best diet to follow in my opinion, is the anti-candida diet which is here:
Here is the anti-candida diet:
1. Absolutely NO SUGAR. No ifs or buts here -- if you really want to get rid of candida -- it starts here, this is a must!!
2. No junk food allowed.
3. No vegetable oil in the diet. Vegetable oil oxidizes fairly quickly on the shelf and very rapidly at high heat. Most vegetable oils are also now made from an unnatural chemical process. Better to use virgin coconut oil for cooking -- this is a very stable oil that is very good for you. When I had candida and started taking coconut oil, my bad constipation and bloating issues disappeared in about two weeks. VCO is very healthy for your body and intestines. I only cook with VCO now and VCO has actually helped me to lose weight.
4. No soda pop. Apart from the sugar, soda drinks also contain carbonic and phosophoric acids -- all of which acidifies your body and encourages candida.
5. No Sweeteners allowed -- no aspartame, sucralose or saccharine.
6. Eat only white meat like chicken or fish in small amounts and avoid all red meats.
7. No baking products like bread, cakes pastries etc. In the 60s or 70s the FDA, in their wisdom, allowed the use of bromide and bromates in bread-making and baking instead of iodine. Bromine weakens the immune system and also encourages candida growth. Strangely but happily, I recently learnt that bromides and bromates used in baking have always been banned in the Philipines. Well go figure...
8. Include using a handful of chopped coriander leaf in a salad three times a week. Ted has said that doing this for a month will remove most heavy metals successfully from your body.
9. No canned products in the diet. Bisphenol A -- or BPA -- is contained in all plastic linings of canned products and is very bad for you. Upsets hormone balance and weakens the immune system.
10. No Calcium which means no dairy products -- no milk, cheese, yoghurt etc. Avoid calcium fortified foods. Excess calcium encourages acidity and thereby aids the spread of candida.
11. No Monosodium Glutamate(MSG) allowed. This means that all soy products made from a chemical process -- including soy sauce, tofu etc. Are not allowed. Avoid all products with added MSG. But any soy products made from the natural fermentation process are OK and allowed in small amounts.
12. Avoid distilled water and tap-water. Distilled water is "dead water" -- it completely lacks any important body minerals that natural spring-water contains. Tap-water nowadays -- due to water shortages -- is now re-cycled and chemically processed from sewage(especially in cities), so Lord only knows what evil goodies tap-water contains. Enough said I think. Drink fresh mineral or spring water or create your own mineral water instead.
12. Try and avoid all (chemically) processed food if you can. Try and eat foods that are made from natural processes without excess heating or use of chemicals/pesticides.
14. When you eat food, don't always rush and over-stuff yourself, as this leads to poor, inefficient digestion and acid intestines. There is always a lag from when you feel hungry to when you are satisfied but if you eat too fast, this is not good for you. Eat your food slower and drink plenty of water at mealtimes for proper digestion. The Chinese -- and Okinawans -- normally eat until they feel 70-80% full, then they stop. This is also good simple dietary practice.