Natural Remedies for Thin Skin
Thin skin is normally associated with aging, but many people who spend a lot of time in the sun eventually develop thin skin. The use of blood thinners (such as aspirin, Plavix or Coumadin) or prednisone exacerbates thin skin problems. Some medical conditions are related to thin skin, including Ehlers-Danios syndrome, amyloidosis and Cushing syndrome. There may also be a genetic link.
Natural treatments for thin skin
- Drink plenty of water; this is a must!
- Minimize further skin damage by protecting the skin from the sun. Wear long-sleeved shirts, long pants, broad-brimmed hats and sunscreen.
- Strengthen weak skin with fish oil, flax or borage seed oil. These are known to strengthen collagen in the skin as well as to improve skin hydration.
- COQ10 body lotion is reported to work well for the bruising associated with thin skin.
- Moisturizing serums are absorbed easier by the skin than lotions. The serums also work faster on thin skin, which is very poorly hydrated. Look for those containing zinc, Vitamin C and collagen.
If you have any suggestions or treatments for thin skin, please let us know.
List of Remedies for Thin Skin