MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) Poisoning

Monosodium glutamate (MSG) is a flavor additive that is commonly added to canned vegetables, soup, processed meats and Chinese food. While generally recognized as safe by the FDA, MSG is an additive that can cause health concerns when consumed consistently. A buildup of MSG in the system is termed as MSG toxicity.

What is MSG Toxicity?

MSG is a brain neurotoxin that can largely be considered a slow poison. Often disguised as a flavor additive by terms including “natural strawberry flavor” and “other natural flavors,” it is often difficult to pinpoint MSG in products. As such, repeated consumption of the additive serves as a silent but lethal poison.

Regular consumption of the product quickly leads to a number of associated symptoms, strategically named MSG toxicity. Symptoms of toxicity can be complex and difficult to identify. Nonetheless, common symptoms include headache, flushing, sweating, facial pressure, and muscle tightness. Numbness, tingling in the extremities, heart palpitations, chest pain, nausea, and weakness are all common.

Read More

List of Remedies for MSG Poisoning