|5 star (36)||95%|
|1 star (2)||5%|
Pattij (Aston, Pa Usa) on 03/23/2010:
I became ill with upper respiratory symptoms on Wednesday, and by Friday morning I was unable to go to work. On Saturday, I was so congested I could not breathe out of my nose. The over the counter medication had stopped working and by nightfall, I knew I was in trouble and would not be able to sleep. Suffering from an unbearable headache, overall aches and pains with fever, in desperation I searched the internet hoping to find a natural cure, which would provide me with some relief until I could call my doctor on Monday morning. I came across your website and sent my husband to the store to buy the ACV. I took 2 Tablespoons in 8 oz of warm water for my first dose at midnight and woke up at 4am and realized I could breathe, - my nose had cleared! I took another dose before going to sleep, and another around noon. I felt reasonably well to cook dinner on Monday night and went back to work on Tuesday. This remedy is nothing short of a miracle for me and I cannot wait to share it friends and family. Now that I feel better, I am anxious to investigate the rest of your site. ACV will definitely be a regular part of my diet, as I am a chronic sinus sufferer. Antibiotics offer some relief, but do not cure the problem. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting this natural remedy. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Marixpress (Bronx, Ny) on 12/16/2009:
At the first sign of flu or cold, I drank 2 tablespoons of organic ACV with about 8oz of warm water, squeeze of lemon & honey for taste, every morning for about 3 days. Almost everyone in the household is sick, however, the ones that tried this concoction never did get sick. Thank you to earth clinic for this wonderful recipe!!
p.s. Because of it's many benefits, I have been drinking a cup of ACV "tea" (w/ 2 teaspoons rather than tablespoons) every morning instead of my usual cup of joe. I like to do this before brushing my teeth so I can properly rinse off any acid left over from the ACV - just in case!
Cured (Ft Walton Beach, Florida) on 10/21/2009:
My symptoms started out as allergies then went to a sinus infection then started feeling like the flu. This went on for over a month with the flu being the last straw to bring me to the internet to search for an alternative to OTC medicines. Within the first few hours my symptoms had reduced in severity, the first to break was the fever. I have continued the last two weeks various concoctions. One being 2 Tablespoons ACV to 4-6oz orange juice.
I would take this as much as 3x a day.
I also suffer from back pain where I was popping pain pills and muscle relaxers and ibuprofen on a regular basis. Most of this has gone on for almost 2 years--the last week I have hardly taken any of them. I don't know if it is the ACV but I will continue using daily. I have also read it helps with depression and can't wait to see if it helps with my occasional bouts. I have also tried 2T ACV in 6oz of warm water with honey to sweeten--wasn't too crazy about that. I tried it today with 2T ACV and 8oz room temp water with a straw and this actually wasn't too bad. I think that last concoction is something I could mix and put in the fridge so that I don't have to mix it every glass.
Cured!!! (Woodstock, Ga) on 09/21/2009:
Yea, for Apple Cider Vinegar!!! Thank God for this site! I did a frantic search after my husband and I were both attacked by a wicked flu bug that has lasted almost 3 weeks. We're finally over the worst symptoms; but the cough (especially his) was the very last thing to go...and it wasn't going without a fight. For 2 weeks, we had tried "everything" including OTC drugs. I also had severe phlegm in the back of my throat, and had lots of nasal mucous. Both were extremely difficult to expel; and his cough was so consistent that it caused him headaches and stomach cramping.
I tried the solution of 4 Tablespoons OJ, 2 Tablespoons honey and 2 Tablespoons ACV...within 1 hour we were both relieved of the symptoms and before the day was over, we knew we were on to the cure! We heated our recipe to make it a little easier to digest. It doesnt taste too bad, but its a long way from tasting good, and the strong taste is "oh, so worth it"! Thank you all for your suggestions, and thanks for this site. It is a God-send!!!
Kasey (Crowley, Louisiana, USA) on 08/17/2009:
Within a couple of hours of the sore throat, my nose started to get stuffy and drippy. The hangover started on Saturday morning. Sunday and today (Monday) I have been coughing like crazy, so much that I could not sleep at all the past two days. I had fever, achiness, and weakness. I went to the doctor to get an excuse for missing work and she recommended all kinds of things. I really don't like medication unless it's natural, so I read up on here about a few things just to stop me from coughing so I could sleep. I
decided I would try some apple cider vinegar. I am soooo glad that I did. What I did was mix 1 part apple cider vinegar against about 5 parts water and gargled it. Then I downed 1 tsp of the apple cider vinegar by itself. I went to lay down, and to my surprise I actually fell asleep. I awoke 3 hours later feeling refreshed, I was coughing only 1/4 as much as before, my voice is not raspy, my nose isn't stopped up, just extremely leaky, and I don't have fever or feel weak. Really sounds like a miracle, I know, but it truly worked. Forget all the prescription crap. Doctors prescribe you stuff a lot of times just to keep you coming back. I will definitely keep a bottle of this in my house at all times. I also read that the apple cider vinegar does wonders for the skin. Just a thought :)
Sammo505 (Bernalillo, NM) on 06/15/2009:
Susan (Big Sky Country, Montana) on 05/27/2009:
Rhonda (Harlingen, Texas) on 05/22/2009:
Richzee (West Valley, UT, United States) on 05/07/2009:
Sammy (Troy, Michigan US) on 04/27/2009: