Poisonous Plants for Miniature Roses

5 star (1) 

Tracey (Houston, Texas) on 04/24/2007:
5 out of 5 stars

To Cat Lovers, Our newly kitten ate rose petals from my potted miniature rose bush and started coughing up blood non stop. We rushed him to the emergency room and the doctor stated the petals were eating away his stomach lining. Luckily, they pumped his stomach and were able to treat him back to health. My cat spent 48 hours in the hospital w/ an iv and $1200 later was able to come home. I do not see roses listed on any site as poisonous. They are highly toxic. Please add roses to your list so more cat lovers will know. Thanks!
Return to Poisonous Plants