Bleach Baths, ACV for Psoriasis Treatment

4 star (1) 
  100%

James (Michigan) on 08/06/2013:
4 out of 5 stars

I too have had great success with bleach baths. I have had psoriasis now for 10 years and seemed to get worse every year. Had it on my toes, ankles, knees, elbows, wrists, and hands. Have tried many medications some of which seemed to help clear it up completely, dovonex for example, and then a couple weeks later came back doubled in size.

ACV helps by breaking down the plaques and when used with a steroid cream allows the medicine to absorb better to heal and prevent more effectively, astringent (Salicylic Acid) works the same way.

I used astringent and betamethasone for many years to manage this. BUT for about a year now I have been doing the bleach baths off and on and my psoriasis is completely gone from my toes, ankles, knees and wrists, and my elbows and hands are much better and more manageable. I hope to be psoriasis free some day by using this method.

Here is what works for me. I try to do a bleach bath a couple of times a week when I can, for 15 minutes at a time, with 1/2 cup of bleach in the bath. While your in the bath if you lightly rub the affected areas you can feel the plaques and extra skin come off easily.

When I get out of the tub the areas are nice and smooth and I then use a cotton ball and wipe the areas with either ACV or astringent, let dry and then immediately cover the areas with betamethasone. So far this has worked wonders for me, 75% of my psoriasis has disappeared and I am working on the other 25%. I realize this isn't a natural remedy but just thought I would share.

REPLY   10      
Return to Psoriasis Treatment