Rae (Rochester, Mn) on 08/17/2013: Relief from pregnancy sickness: I've used ginger capsules in the past, but felt that they sometimes made me feel worse instead of better. I love the following green drink for pregnancy sickness and am getting relief for the first time. Too bad I didn't know about this three pregnancies ago!
- 1 c. any green leafy vegetable
- 1 c. water
- 1 inch of FRESH ginger (has to be fresh)
- 1/4 c. or so of FRESH parsley (has to be fresh)
- Juice of one or two limes (I use bottled lime juice as well if I don't have fresh limes on hand)
- 1 or 2 organic apples or 1/2 c. to 1 c. organic applesauce
I blend this in my Vitamix blender and store in 1/2 c. containers in the fridge. I drink some first thing in the morning and whenver I start to feel cruddy. I never leave the house without it. It has worked wonders for me. I hope it helps you!!!
Note: The recipe sounds gross, but it has a surprisingly fresh taste to it that I quickly became accustomed to.