I had colon cancer surgery June 13, 2011. Then had 9 rounds of chemo starting in August and ending on Nov. 30, 2011. I did not have much trouble with neuropathy during chemo but a month later it started in my feet and then a couple weeks after that in my hands.
I also could not urinate and was told I wouldn't be able to. So I sought out supplements, accupunture, and chiropractic. I can pee now but the neuropathy is still there.
These are the supplements I'm taking:
- Calcium Magnesium - 1000 mg C, 400 mg C - Take 2 twice a day.
- Taurine - 500 mg - 1 a day.
- Krill Oil (fish oil) - 1000 mg - 2 a day.
- B6 - 100 mg - 1 a day
- B12 - chewable - 1000 mg - 2 a day
- Vitamin D - 5000 IU - 1 a day
- L-Arginine - 500 mg - 2 a day
- Flomax (prescription for urinating) - . 4 mg - 1 a day
- Acetyl L-Carnitine - 500 mg - Take 2 twice a day
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid - 200 mg - 2 a day.
- Methaxyflavone (Vitamin C) - 500 mg - 2 twice a day
Any suggestions or ideas on how I can get rid of this neuropathy.
Thanks tons, Mark Nelson - mark(at)marknelsonsblog.com