Posted by Billie (Melbourne, Australia) on 12/10/2011
I'm hoping someone can help me figure out why I have started reacting to the blackstrap molasses. I read about it last year and started to take it in a glass of warm water with ACV and manuka honey, it was great for about 3-4 months, I felt fantastic I pulled out about 20 grey hairs that had colour at the root... Life was wonderful ;-)
Then I started to react to it, my knuckles on the left index finger first get inflamed then the right, then the next finger and so on till all the joints on my fingers are inflamed and burning then they become so bad they crack open and weep... I stopped taking it and they got better... I tried it again last week and within 2 days I has the allergy started on the left finger.
I don't eat vegemite either anymore as I have the same above reaction.. I tried it again 1 month ago just a tiny it on my bread... The next day I woke up itching my finger which had become inflamed..
I'm allergic to GLUTEN and LACTOSE and I haven't ingested anything containing these for 12 yrs now ( I got diagnosed at 22)... My symptoms for these started when I was 18, 3 years after I had my tonsils removed, previously I had lived on penicilon and antibiotics ( I feel like the poison in my body from the food I ate came out through my tonsils and then after they were removed they came out in other ways). the symptoms were the same on the fingers, but I also suffered from hives and boils on the face and neck, asthma, eczema on my eyelids..
Has anyone got any thoughts why I'm reacting to BSM now?
I would really love to be able to take it again..