Remedy Combinations: Q&A
Last Modified on May 19, 2012
- RETURN TO MAIN SECTION
- Can I Combine Apple Cider Vinegar and Hydrogen Peroxide?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Be Mixed with Other Remedies?
- I'VE HEARD THAT BLACKSTRAP MOLASSES AND APPLE CIDER VINEGAR HAVE INFLAMMATORY FACTORS
- Can Colloidal Silver Be Used with Hydrogen Peroxide Treatments?
- Can Cayenne Be Combined W/ ACV and Baking Soda?
- Can Someone Elaborate on the Benefits of H2O2 and Iodine?
- DMSO and Magnesium Combination?
- Questions on Apple Cider Vinegar/ Lemon Juice and Baking Soda Use
- Can I Take Ferrous Gluconate W/ All These Remedies?
- Can Hydrogen Peroxide Be Used in Conjunction with Colloidal Silver?
08/05/2012: Atraub from Richmond, Va replies: Never mix hydrogen peroxide and vinegar together in one container. The resulting chemical, peracetic acid, can harm you when mixed together this way if you accidentally create a strong concentration in this fashion. Peracetic acid also has entirely different characteristics and properties than either hydrogen peroxide or vinegar.
I was wondering, however, if there is any problem with mixing remedies. Conventional wisdom is that you cannot have too many good things, but I know that is not actually true. I have taken 70mg butterbur (supposed to help alleviate allergy symptoms), local honey, and 1/4 cup ACV. I know 1/4 cup is a lot, but I am pretty healthy despite my allergies and very determined to beat them. Right now, my eyes are itchy and my nose is stuffed but this is day one for me. Can anyone tell me if mixing local honey, ACV, and butterbur can change the results?
Also, how is ACV supposed to work, exactly? It is an acid, so does it just burn things that grow in your throat? That seems far too simplistic. Will my body do something with it as it is digested? I would like to understand how this is supposed to work physiologically, if anyone knows. Thanks, Tim
04/05/2012: Cat from Papamoa, New Zealand replies: Kmark from Boston - as far as inflaming the skin for me personally, NO. Absolutely not, in fact, it wasn't until I'd started taking the BSM that shortly after I realised all the bright redness had gone from my nose! It certainly didn't make it seem more inflamed, it made the whole lot disappear. I had also been taking ACV for some time but that didn't have the same effect. But different things produce different results for people eh?
03/31/2012: Timh from Louisville, Ky, USA replies: Lisa, I have used Silver and H2O2 at alternating times in the past 2 yrs w/ no problems. Just space the interval at least 3 hrs and you should be OK.
04/02/2012: Lisa from Jacksonville replies: Thank you Timh!
Is one better than the other??
Is it okay to drink both in the same day?
When I do drink these separately I always mix with 1/4 teaspoonful of baking soda.
Could you please let me know?? Thank you!
Please if you know let me know as id like to start asap. Thanks a lot!