Last Modified on Dec 13, 2013
Because we update this website by hand -- post by brand new post -- we monitor not only the quality of the content, but theories, trends and cures that seem to be working for folks en masse.
Even though we'd love for you to explore our site slowly and fully, we also want you to be aware of the best working remedies and theories. We urge you to read these pages even if you don't have the symptoms or illnesses referred to below.
Remember to check back to this page every so often. We will continually update it to keep you abreast of the latest theories, outbreaks, and cures.
Best Case Studies Page
0 0 User Ratings
If you know anyone with Fibromyalgia, you might want to check out our Fibromyalgia Case Studies page. We have over 2000 case studies that our readers have graciously written to us. Jason Uttley has furthered our research by compiling all of this valuable data into an Excel Spreadsheet.
0 0 User Ratings
Our Bangkok, Thailand contributor Ted has an amazing concoction of home remedies and supplements that cures Lupus, a deadly disease.
Best Home Remedies
0 0 User Ratings
Staff favorites among the site's natural home remedies:
1. For cancer and viruses (including HIV) that linger on and on, we urge you to read Bill Munro's 3% Hydrogen Peroxide Inhalation method.
2. For sore throats that won't respond to antibiotics: Penny's Cayenne Pepper Remedy.
3. To break a high fever: the Egg White remedy.
4. For acid reflux: Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda.
5. For tricky fibroid tumors, check out Blackstrap Molasses.
6. For sinus congestion, you just can't beat Oil Pulling. We are coming to the conclusion that it may even be better than apple cider vinegar!
Best Stress Indicator
0 0 User Ratings
Working too hard lately? Take our ultra-serious stress indicator test and let us know if you need to take a long vacation. If you fail the test, you might want to follow up with remedies to treat stress.
Best Supplements of 2012
0 0 User Ratings
My favorites of personal knowledge and experience have been covered already--(ACV, VCCO, ) I have been watching the lists to see if someone ( LIKE LISA from 1000 Oaks) would list humic acid, fulvic acid or shilajit since this is the one time it seems to be okay to name brands or sources and this is where I feel I want to explore next.
I also want to give a thumbs up and shout out for keeping a positive attitude. I have been listening and reading a lot of Wayne Dyer stuff and believe very much in a mind body connection. My mantra of late... " I am perfect health."
Hi, 1/ Since the autumn 2012 I have been taking cod liver oil capsules - I work in a busy office with air con and lots of collegues have had various flu and sickness bugs and fortunately I have avoided these also my kids have both had 2 colds each during the last few months so I will try and persuade them. Thanks to earth clinic I have not had my flu shot this year( asthma). I read about the benefits of cod liver oil on Weston price website and looked at the recommended products and just selected the Health Span CLO super strength as I have ordered from that co before. I think Cod Liver Oil is A fantastic immune support- due to the fact that so far I haven't caught these viruses. I know I had been deficient in vitamin a due to a hair test in the spring and Although I had been taking beta carotene in the summer I did get one cold in July.
2/ My second recommended supplement is Epsom salts this is amazing - for those of us who find we are deficient in minerals a bath in Epsom salts and or Himalayan pink salts bypasses the stomach and is Transdermal- it removes aches and pains and Readdresses our mineral balance.
3/ Selenium - I eat organic brazil nuts for selenium Probably 6-8 5 days a week.
Green tea- this makes me feel good. Real lemon juice in water( vitc ) I give this my kids when they have a cold and they recover Quickly. Interestingly, both of my daughters had colds this autumn one puts sugar on cereal and eats the odd Sweet/ chocolate the other has not had sweets or chocolates for 4 years but eats a lot of fruit both got the Same colds.. So fructose/ sugar same effect on lowering the immune system is my observation.
4/ I would highly recommend unsuphered black strap molasses as a remedy to stop heavy bleeding from periods- it works better than anything else. In 2013 I aim to take more iodine( lugols) as so far this has proved very encouraging. I also aim to take more flax seed oil for hormone balance and continue taking b vitamins. My best advice is to keep a diary of symptoms then get a hair analysis test which shows up any obvious deficiencies, I would like to hear from anyone who has been taking dr wallachs formulas for a number of years, thanks x As an adult if I felt a cold coming I would take soluble aspirin.
Replied by Bess
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I have lots of favorites and not in order. I also don't necessarily take everything everyday. But some things I do!
Every morning, I have about 1/2 tsp. of baking soda in water or apple cider vinegar in water or a combination of both. I also drink a fresh green veggie juice.
For Chinese herbs, I take daily 8 Immortals and Goji and Schizandra from Dragon Herbs, my favorite Chinese herbs company. 8 Immortals is full of adaptogens and medicinal mushrooms as well as Tibetan rhodiola. Once a week I take Deer Antler in a tincture as well.
During every meal, I take 3 tablets/ capsules of Betaine HCL because I have noticed such a difference in my digestion.
I have returned to taking fermented cod liver oil/ butter oil combo by Green Pasture after listening to all the audio on alternative tooth care and reading Ramiel Nagel's book. It will heal teeth and gums! It is loaded with vitamin D.
For shilajit, I use either the one from Dragon Herbs or Omica. I also use MSM and fulvic acid from Omica, another amazing company. I love these companies because I have met both founders and they are of the highest ethics. I don't necessarily take any of these on a daily basis but I do include them regularly.
I also am a great proponent of fermented foods/ drinks and include them daily in one form or another. I make my own fermented veggies but also love Bubbies sauerkraut and pickles since they're very convenient. I drink coconut kefir some days too. I will also eat natto when I can get it. Definitely an acquired taste but loaded with K-2 and a super fermented food.
And I take LivOn Lypospheric vitamin C on a daily basis with 1, 000 mg. being the lowest dose and more if needed.
These are definitely all my go-to's but periodically I will change things up. And like Suzy, I'm a great believer in positive attitude! Best to all, Lisa
Replied by Sue M.
Worden, Il, Usa
Replied by Rob
Just to name a few that we don't go without (in no particular order):
Turmeric, Vitamin D, B-Complex, Zinc, Selenium, Zeolite, LivOn Labs Lypo-spheric C, Arthur Andrew Medical Neprinol, Arthur Andrew Medical Syntol, Arthur Andrew Medical Devigest, Fungi Perfecti My Community, Coconut Oil, Dr Ohhira's Probiotics, J Crow's Iodine, Natural Calm Magnesium. Herbs Etc Phytocillin and Sovereign Silver Nasal Spray as needed.
Thank you Earth Clinic!
I wish to add BHT [ butylated hydroxytoluene ] as a treatment for hepatitis C and B, all herpes viruses and other lipid coated viruses to your requested list of recommended supplements. The feedback available suggests that 200mg to 350mg of BHT taken in the morning and at night in two seperate dosings works best. It should be taken on an empty stomach with water only. Also, the available feedback indicates that: milk thistle and it`s extracts should NOT be taken while using the BHT treatment. The same is true for grapefruit juice. Do not use them while using the BHT treatment for best resuts....Oscar
I have a few products on my 2012 Best List that I would love to share with everyone. A couple on the list fall into the "Can't Live Without! " Category. I will start with those 2 first.
1. FCS II by Nature's Sunshine. A hormone balancing herbal combination containing Red Raspberry Leaves, Blessed Thistle, Dong Quai, Queen of Meadow Leaves, Lobelia, Ginger, Black Cohosh, Capsicum and Goldenseal Root.
I discovered these herbs in our local (tiny) health food store and am year 2 of taking 3 capsules, twice a day, with a week off every month. They make an ENORMOUS difference!
2. Host Defense by Fungi Perfecti/MyCommunity. I wrote in about a medicinal mushroom immune formula in November and this one is it. Experimented with this and another brand and this is the clear winner in my opinion. Saved me from about 5 nasty viruses and a stomach bug since I started taking them in the fall. When I feel a virus coming on, I take 2 every 4-6 hours for about 48 hours... For daily use, I take 2 with days off here and there.
Note: The price jumps on these medicinal mushrooms, so be sure to shop around online and before flu season starts and demand spikes. One week in October cost $42 for a bottle of 120 capsules and the next week various websites like Amazon were selling it for $55 a bottle!!
3. Lugol's Iodine 3%, the transdermal method - Jcrows.
Was taught the lugol's transdermal method last summer and I love it. You want to do this method after showering. Try not to wash it off during the day if you can help it. Typically in the am, I roll up my sleeves past the elbows and with my left palm facing up, add two drops of lugol's iodine to my arm. I quickly rub the two drops in with the other arm and wait until it dries before rolling my sleeves back down. I then note how long it takes the stains on both arms to disappear. When I first started in August, the stain disappeared within 1 hour for the first 2 days. It gradually lasted longer and longer. These days it lasts for most of the day.
The transdermal Lugol's dosage I was taught is as follows:
Start with 2 drops of 2% Lugol's for 3 days. (If you have 5% lugol's use only 1 drop). If the stain disappears on your skin within 24 hours, go to 3 drops on the 4th day. Repeat up this pattern (waiting 3 days before going up a drop) to no more than 5 drops per day. Once you find the lugol's stain lasting at least 24 hours, then you start cutting back 1 drop at a time. Ideally you want to get back to a dosage of 1 drop per day lasting about 24 hours.
Note: It is easy to drip onto the floor or counter! Use an magic eraser sponge to remove stain.
Note 2: If you shower after applying your daily dose of iodine, do NOT reapply. Only apply once a day.
I tried going up to 4 drops and got iodine overdose side effects (pressure between my eyes and constant sinus drainage). This went away after about 6 hours. So I stick to 2 drops every day or so, skipping a few days as soon as I feel sinus pressure. I go up to 3 drops if I have been travelling and going through x-ray machines at the airports.
4. 2 Enzymes with every meal: Daily Essential Enzymes.
5. Fish Oil - RxOmega-3 Factors. I take 1 or 2 a day... noticeable difference in joint pain and skin (baby soft).
6. Ghee. We replaced butter with Ghee. Love it!
7. Electrolyte powder with 1200 of Vit C and trace minerals.. Found on Amazon. I add one packet to a 1 liter sports water bottle and drink it during and after training. Helps me sustain my energy levels during tough workout sessions. Also I drink it after being out in the sun on a hot day.
Great idea! Here is my pertinent info:
51 year old female, not in menopause yet. History of Fibromyalgia, Uterine Fibroids, Ovarian Cysts, HEAVY periods.
This is my list of things I take, and could not live without:
- 1 tablespoon of Unsulphered Blackstrap Molassas in my coffee every morning (one cup of coffee only! ) It really helps with the fibroids / heavy bleeding.
- 2x a day or as needed when having a heavy period:
- 1 ounce of 'Brags' brand ACV (apple cidar vinegar, with the "Mother") mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda... When fizzing stops add 10 oz. Or so of water. I am now usually only using this during my period. Sipping slowly throughout the day, not guzzling all at once. Truly cuts down on heavy bleeding!
- Magnesium: 400mg every day (good for Fibro).
- D-Ribose: 1 tsp once or twice a day (also good for fibro and for heart health).
- DIM: Daily - good for converting bad estrogens to good estrogens.
- K2: 120mcg a day
- D3: 5, 000iu a day
- CoQ10: 100mg once or twice a day - good for heart and so many more things. Just ordered a book on it from Cardiologist Steven Sinatra, and can't wait to read it!
- Boron: 3 to 6 mg a day - good for arthritis in my hands. When I take it they don't hurt!
- Zinc: 15-30mg a day. Good for immune system and much, much more.
- Vitamin C: 2, 000 mg (or 2gm) a day). Good for EVERYthing!
- Fulvic Acid: 1oz in drink daily.
- Ginger Tea: Boil 1/2 piece of ginger in water. It is an aquired taste. Not for night time drinking, may cause restlessness. (Not for me, but have heard this).
I am sure there is more.... But those are the basics for me. I put all of the pills in a weekly pill case so I dont spend hours opening and closing pill bottles over the course of a week. ;)
Happy New Year!
Coptis chinensis- for any viral or bacterial infections, also good for liver support.
Magnesium-- for constipation
L glutamine-- for diarrhea (Human or pets)
AF BEtafood (Standard Process) for gall bladder support
Calcium/Magnesium for night time leg cramps
Best Supplements of 2013
0 0 User Ratings
My christmas present to all you nature lovers here at wonderful E.C., the best place for folk medicine is a comparison of nutrients in apples and the superfood of superfoods raw liver. Per 100g calcium 3-11mg phosphorous 6-476mg magnesium 5-18mg potassium 139-380mg iron .1-8mg zinc .05-4 copper .04-12mg A 0-60, 000mg E .37-.63mg C 7-27mg thaimin .03-.26mg riboflavin .02-4.2mg niacin .1-16.5mg pantothenic acid .1-9mg B6 .03-7mg folic acid 8-145mcg biotin 0-96mcg B12 0-112mcg. I take 45g nondefatted dessicated liver from grassfed Argentinian cattle daily.
EC: Thank you, Mike!
We encourage everyone to send in their favorite supplements/remedies of 2013 to put on our "Best" page. We did this last December for the first time.
P.S. Brand names allowed on the "Best" page.
Best Voodoo Remedies
0 0 User Ratings
Got a wart? Our readers will tell you some amazing voodoo wart stories from their childhoods!
Best Working Theories
0 0 User Ratings
1. Fluoride poisoning causes chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia. Written by Jason Uttley and posted on 2/9/2007, this well written and compelling article is something you don't want to miss!
2. Acid reflux is most often caused by painkillers.
3. Certain brands of ice cream cause a fake flu (fever, chills, congestion) within 24 hours and a sinus infection within 48 hours. Are we crazy or brilliant? You be the judge.
4. The past several years have been marked by a tremendous upsurge in BOILS and MRSA around the world.
5. Ingestion of Artificial Sweeteners can cause herpes outbreaks within 10 minutes.