Jul 24, 2016
You are dealing with a stubborn sore throat again, and you've exhausted all of your normal go-to remedies. What can you do that will actually relieve your sore throat? Whether you've tried numerous other remedies or are looking for a first option, we would suggest ginger - one of the most effective natural sore throat remedies available.
Learn How Earth Clinic Readers Treat Sore Throats With Ginger
Posted by Leriejane
[YEA] Ginger works really well for sore throats and coughs. My family uses the following ways:
- Drink 'ginger juice' or 'instant salabat'. (Salabat is a not a brand name, but what the drink is called in the Philippines. ) This is a powdered, hot drink mix that you can find in Asian stores and it gives your throat a nice 'heat'. It has sugar in it, so if you don't want that you could probably mimic the powder by mixing ground ginger with black pepper in hot water.
Sulaiman posted another recipe for a ginger sore throat remedy:
I think the best alternative remedy is to use the GINGER instead of the red cayenne. It burns nothing but your throat. An old man who owns a herbal supplements store told me the secret recipe of the World's-Fastest-Sore-Throat-Remedy:
- 3 tablespoons of ginger paste *
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of honey
Boil up the water, then mix it with the ginger paste and keep mixing for 5 minutes. Add the honey, then drink the mixture whenever you feel that you can stand the heatness of the water. Do the same thing for 5 to 8 times a day and I guarantee you that the pain will go away 100% as you drink the second cup, and by the last cup the sore-throat will vanish.
* Ginger paste can be difficult to find in the US. It's not hard to make your own at home (great for cooking). As an alternative, finely grate some fresh ginger.
Ginger - Fabulous Natural Remedy and Indispensable Cooking Spice
An herb that is used like a spice, ginger or ginger root is made from the rhizome of the ginger plant. Once grown and harvested, ginger is chopped or powdered for use as a nutritional supplement and cooking spice. The herb has a warm spicy flavor, making it a perfect option for treating sore throats.
More Than Just a Spice - Use It to Treat Your Sore Throat
While many people are only familiar with ginger as a flavoring option, it is valued in many parts of the world as a healing remedy for many ailments. Ginger has unique medicinal properties that make it a perfect option for treating a wide range of conditions.
Ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent, making it perfect for treating sore throats. In addition to relieving pain-causing inflammation in the throat. it also helps tp eliminate the germs that are causing your throat pain and irritation.
How Do I Use It?
Ginger, honey and lemon is one of the most popular remedies for treating a sore throat with ginger. Combine 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of honey in a mug of boiling water. Let the mixture to steep for 5 minutes and slowly sip the mixture. You can use this remedy multiple times a day for immediate relief.
This home remedy not only works well, it also tastes great. Try it for yourself and let us know what you think. Scroll down this page to read more posts about how others have used ginger to cure a sore throat!
15 User Reviews
Ginger Recipe for a Sore Throat
Home Remedy Ingredients:
- Fresh Ginger - 1.5 Tablespoons
- Fresh Lemon Juice - 1 Tablespoon
- Honey - 1 Teaspoon
- Mug of Boiling Water
Try out this excellent ginger tea for sore throats! Grate 1.5 tablespoons of fresh ginger into a cup, add a tablespoon of lemon or lime juice, and one teaspoon of honey then fill the mug with boiling water. Stir and allow to steep, then drink. Delicious and effective!
Ginger works really well for sore throats and coughs. My family uses the following ways:
-Boil a 1 inch piece or a few slices, then add honey and lemon.
-Drink 'ginger juice' or 'instant salabat'. (Salabat is a not a brand name, but what the drink is called in the Philippines. ) This is a powdered, hot drink mix that you can find in Asian stores and it gives your throat a nice 'heat'. It has sugar in it, so if you don't want that you could probably mimic the powder by mixing ground ginger with black pepper in hot water.
Replied by Meela
1) 1-1/2 tablespoon (heaped) of freshly grated ginger (main ingredient)
2) 1 tablespoon (crude/pure) lime (or lemon) juice
3) 1 teaspoon honey
4) 2 cups boiling water
1) Put 2 cups of clean water to boil
2) Peel/scrape ginger skin off, then finely grate ginger pieces until you get one-and-a-half tablespoonfuls
3) Squeeze the lime or lemon until you get 1 tablespoonful and put aside
4) Then place the grated ginger in a heat-proof cup and pour boiling water over it. Add lime juice and honey. Combine by pouring this mixture from one cup into another, over and over, until mixture gets ginger-coloured (Steeping).
5) Sip on/drink this hot mixture as much as you could safely bear, WITH the grated ginger pulp.
Tip: Let grated ginger settle a bit in throat area while drinking
1)Check to see if you are allergic to any of the ingredients listed before atempting
2) Fresh ginger and lime are useful because the beneficial Enzymes are said to be more abundant than powder forms
3) Use this tea/mixture at least twice daily (morning/evening) for 3 days and you will notice the difference before the 3 days
..got this from a website who's owner went to India and was told of this tea there, after having horible sore throat.