[YEA] Hi, This is a wonderful website, I have been gratefully using some of the natural remedies that all the users and main contributors have been posting to much effect!! so a big thank you to all!!
I wanted to share my tips as you all have been helping me indirectly. ;-)
I have recently been suffering from Folliculitus/ scalp infection?, the doctors gave me the usual steroid creams that have only made the issue severe, I stopped using this a few months back and started to use the ACV/Hydrogen peroxide shampoo, Bill kindly posted and also his essential oil mix of tea tree oil and lavender oils mixed together at a ratio of 4:1, this has worked well for me, but didnt completely resolve it... My dear mum/grandma advised me the old African/Indian remedy for scalp complaints is pure "Mustard oil", but I need to make sure I have no other infections on my body as I can reinfect myself, so they advised the following:
- Bath every other day in "Dettol". ( 3/4 cap fulls in the bath, soak for at least 30 mins)
- use ACV/h202/filtered water shampoo, leave on for 5 mins and then wash off.
- dunk hair in the bath water with dettol mix and just rub into scalp
- Dry hair but don't rinse the dettol off, as you need it to dry on scalp slightly.
- Once hair has completely dried.... I use 4 drops tea tree oil and 1 drop of lavender oil, mixed into the same amount of mustard oil, warm slightly and then gently massage into the WHOLE of my scalp.
- Cover head with a towel or whatever you can find and then sleep with this on overnight.
I have found that the above has helped me tremendously!! after 4 days of usage, my scalp is about 99.9% clear!! My gran advised the mustard oil never fails! as its anti fungal and the tea tree oil is antibacterial, so what ever is causing the inflammation should be killed off in a couple of weeks. Once your scalp is better, just do the above regime once a week as a preventative measure.
IÂ hope the above info helps someone, like you have all helped me!
all the best and good luck! Zed