[YEA] I had staph for about six years. I had a culture done by a doctor, and dioxycycline was the antibiotic the strain of staph I had was succeptible to. I was also told to take a bleach bath every other day (3/4 cup of bleach in my bath water). I did it, and the staph on my neck and lower face cleared up; however the staph on my forehead would never totally clear up. It was deep down in my pores.
What finally worked was using bleach water compresses twice per day. People can't tolerate full bleach baths more than every other day because it begins to sting and burn one's skin too much. However, I could tolerate the bleach water compresses twice per day. The every other day bleach bath just wasn't enough to kill the bacteria faster than it was multiplying - but the twice per day bleach water compresses were.
Also many say to use antibacterial soap. However, this dried my skin too much and killed the good bacteria that fights staph. I switched to Camay and Dove brand soaps, and combined with the bleach compresses my staph cleared all the way up.
I did have success with vinegar at one point, but it keeps the staph sores open while it kills them. They would spread and spread while open - I would get my forehead clear, but it would get on my neck because the vinegar kept the sores open and let the fluid cause the infection to spread around my head when I slept. The bleach water did not keep the sores open and spreading while they healed like the vinegar did.