Last Modified on Jun 18, 2014
The most common symptom of poor circulation is feeling cold all the time, especially in the hands and feet. This is symptomatic of several diseases, including diabetes, Raynaud's disease, hypothyroidism and anorexia nervosa as well as medications such as beta-blockers. Chilblains are the body's natural defense to cold; small veins and arteries narrow. Warming causes expansion, irritation and swelling. Acrocyanosis is when the face, hands or feet appear mottled red or blue, accompanied by either sweating or coldness and swelling.
How To Improve Circulation
- A mixture of uncooked, fresh minced cayenne pepper and ginger.
- Crushed ginger in green tea.
- 35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide: 5 drops in water 3x daily.
- Cayenne pepper: 1/2 tsp. 2x daily, with 2 Tbsp. ACV and 1 Tbsp. blackstrap molasses.
- Coconut Oil, 3 Tbsp. in morning. Geranium Essential Oil can be added and used as massage oil.
- Also worked for some: Cold showers, Vitamin K, one capsule daily; Anthocyanin (in red grapes); Penny Wort; Vitamin E:large doses; Arginine and Butcher's Broom, 1-2 capsules daily.
- Lugol's Iodine cures coldness in extremities caused by hypothyroidism. Start at 1 drop in a glass of water 2x a day. Slowly work up to 2 to 4 drops 2x a day. See post below: 08/28/2011: Bill from San Fernando, La Union for further details and Lugol's Iodine under Remedies.
- Fluoride in drinking water can cause hypothyroidism. Drink purchased non-fluoridated water and see there is improvement in a couple weeks. Limit exposure to tap water in cooking or bathing during test period.
Continue reading below for more tips from Earth Clinic contributors!
[YEA] I have been on a regimen of 2 tbls of ACV and 1 tbls of blackstrap molasses 2x's a day for about 4 months now. I've just recently in the last month added 1/2 tsp of cayenne (1 tsp/day total) to my ACV and chase it with a glass of water. I read on your site that cayenne helps circulation and that was the primary reason I started adding it to my ACV. Before that I would cook with it and added it to my food everyday as I really like hot food. Well, I was pleasantly surprised with what happen next... The puffiness around my eyes (due to some kind of allergies food or airborne I'm guessing) and face is COMPLETELY gone! No kidding! I have a healthy glow to me now and the puffiness around my eyes that would make me look tired all the time, has vanished. The next thing I noticed is that my sinus' are clear, the dull sinus headache that I lived with for so long is gone and I can breath through my nose at night. As a result I think I'm getting more oxygen to my brain and body now and I definately feel much more clear headed. I had no idea how much congestion was in my sinus' that I had just learned to live with. After ingesting a teaspon a day for about a month, although results came within a couple of days, I look and feel so much better. The only thing I can attribute to the changes to is the cayenne. Thank you so much for posting this remedy. Makes me want to kiss you guys right on the lips! SMACK!