Dental Health Tips and Remedies: Q&A
Last Modified on Aug 19, 2011
A friend of mine encouraged me to write to you for advice. She thinks that, besides any medical procedure, I should start eating powdered egg shells and drinking lemonade with maple syrup for bone remineralization, and doing oil pulling with coconut oil and rinse with salt and sodium bicarbonate for the infection. I appreciate your advice."
08/19/2011: Ted from Bangkok, Thailand replies: "Actually mineralization of teeth requires 20,000 iu of vitamin D2 or D3, lysine for calcium utilization, and my favorite is threonine, which is especially important in development of enamel of teeth. Bone remineralization actually requires molybdenum, in form of sodium molybdate, not fluoride. Vanadium also is required for remineralization of teeth. Pure Xylitol (not gums they add aspartame) helps kill bacteria fast. For most common tooth infections I use clove oil directly and xylitol to stop bacterial growth both as a mouthwash, internal taking of it and of course the antibiotics. Maple syrup I don't like as they contain sugar and feed bacteria, calcium might be used in egg shells but the body really has no use, its more effective with vitamin D, threonine especially and lysine also. Lemonade is also bad for you because it is acid, which removes enamel of teeth. So just get clove oil, xylitol, antibiotics, H2O2 1.5% as mouthwash, lysine and threonine, being the most important.
08/31/2011: Ted from Bangkok, Thailand replies: "The bone mineralization is helped with the following:
- Xylitol, pure xylitol not commercial ones you see in supermarkets, they use aspartame. To be used as mouthwash, as a lozenge in powder form, and swallowed. It will help bone mineralization and kill some cavity-causing bacteria.
- Clove oil applied to area kills bacteria.
- Hydrogen peroxide used as mouthwash, around 1.5% concentration should be safe. Do it until the foam reduces.
- People with generally infected teeth or bad breath are low in potassium, but I prefer potassium citrate or potassium bicarbonate, 1/4 teaspoon after every meal 30 minutes to help alkalize the mouth, if the mouth pH is less than 7.0.
- Molybdenum the preferred form is sodium molybdate, helps mineralization. I prefer to take 100 mg for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Threonine helps tooth sensitivity and is required for tooth problem.
- Lysine is needed for calcium utilization.
- Boron in form of borax at 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon once a day.
- Some magnesium is needed, but it is only magnesium citrate, trimagnesium citrate, or magnesium gluconate only.
- Infection of the teeth represents some form of zinc deficiency if the person also has frequent colds.