Been wondering if a lot of ailments here could be caused by foods and beverages packaged in plastic. I feel we have become desensitized to this possibility. There are toxins in the plastic that can leach into whatever is packaged. Especially milk. We only get milk in glass bottles and have had to convert to 2% because of learning what the dairy cows are being fed. There is "microwavable" plastic (which I have never trusted or used). I've NEVER trusted cooking in the microwavable plastic bags. I always use clear glass casseroles. I would just be guessing that a lot of complaints are really caused by ingestion of the toxins in or exposure to plastic but it makes sense to me. I went to a store yesterday that I rarely go to and could not stay in the corner where they had all of the bread. (I was trying to read ingredients) All in plastic and the fumes were just overwhelming. I left with a headache but as soon as I got outside in fresh air the headache went away. Ingredients bring up another issue. Practically everything contains corn and/or soy two GMO's that could be tearing down our ability to resist environmental factors. Just because something is declared "safe" doesn't make it so.
I have chemical allergy for 4years. I accidentally touch the chemical on the container that contained chemical use for dvd disc. The dVd disc has 2 part the front or data side and back the dummy side so, they use bonding chemical to stick each other that the kinds of chemical I touched. Until now only my fingers both have like Small bubbles and have like water inside and I scrach always coz uncomfortable. I already go to different doctor to check and gave me a cream and medicine it lose for 1week the bubbles but after a week the allergy back again. Ahat I need to do. Please send your reply. Thanks a lot.
We MOVED and that was stressful and joyous but dehydrating as we worked hard. We got into our new house and my arms and legs were falling alseep with tingling. My brain was foggy and forgetful. I started getting more indigestion and bloating. I thought it might only last a short time so I spread baking soda around and lit some candles, unscented ones. I put a cotton lightweight covering over my head while I slept at night. Days went by as our new home was gassing out from carpets-paint-texture-caulk-plastics-cabinet stains-rubber pad-you name it.
A month later, my tingling was slowing down but my stress was still up depleting my hydration system. My digestion was getting worse and found I had less tolerance to my regular food. Little did I know but it took a tole on my immune system, as sickness in a family can, or even planning a detailed vacation. Nurture yourself, eat right, learn about your body. Water can save you a lot of grief, allergies, sinus pain, body pain, simple truths to be your best everyday and gain some ground on your health.
Hi -- I'm looking for advice on a kind of space heater that will be tolerable for someone with multiple chemical sensitivities and indoor/outdoor allergies. I recently tried a parabolic heater and it made me light-headed and foggy. Any advice on a type of heater that will not cause these effects would be greatly appreciated. Laura
Im now on the street with nowhere for food or shower. It is being painted. I don't see too many posts on this site of others with sensitivities so bad they cant go near people, inside buildings because they're so toxic. No detoxing has made a difference. No remedy has. Supplementing my cortisol because my adrenals don't work hasnt made a difference. Severe physical pain is one thing, the extreme loneliness and boredom is another, but being bashed with toxins all day long is just too much. If I havent been able to fix it by now I don't think I have any chance. I still dont know what Im treating. Thank you for the support I have had here because you dont get it anywhere else.
Thousand Oaks, Ca, Usa
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Stanwood, Wa USA
I think I inhaled too much bleach fumes one day. After more than a week of coughing and feeling sick, and having really bad breath, I finally took a few tablespoons of hemp seed powder and a teaspoon of kelp powder in water. Doing that once or twice a day for a few days appears to have solved the problem. It's been a few weeks and the bad breath and sick feeling are long gone. It was probably the kelp more than the hemp seed from what I've read about kelp. Aspirin tends to give me bad breath, too, like it's too strong for me.
Hello all, my wife and I have lived above a Meth lab for quite a while and have finally as of this month been able to move. The reason I write now is that we are still experiencing the symptoms from when we lived above the lab though not as intently. The symptoms were pressure in the head mainly the sinus cavities top of the head, dizziness, disoriented, buzzing in feet legs and chest, headaches, memory loss, a feeling like something has gripped the back of your head where the neck meets the skull and squeezed as hard as possible, and ringing in the ears.
My current symptoms are now pressure in the head (mostly sinus cavities headaches, extreme nausea and ringing in the ears which never goes away just gets lower and louder and it's hard to keep food down. I can still smell the ammonia on some of our furnature mainly leather couch and bed I have sprayed them a number of times with 3 parts vinagar 1 part water (seems to have helped a little) I am now hyper sensitive to ammonia. I can't get near our cats litter box without a headache and we keep it clean. My question is will this go away or is it permanent damage and is there anything that might ease these symptoms? I had been eating 600 mg ibuprophens and aceteminaphen to combat the headaches. we were exposed to this 24/7 for a very long time some of the chems I could identify are: Ammonia, Acetone, red phosphoure, and I am assuming ephidrine and phseodoephidrine since they boiled most of it out of some sort of gelcaps leaving a burning rubber smell.
I forgot to mention we had the runs for months till we were finaly able to move also exposed to ether and who knows what other chemicals. It has been a nightmare. Can anyone give me any advice on setting ourselves on the road to recovery? All answers greatly appreciated.
Waynesboro, Va, Usa
, The Usa
Hi, is there any way of neutalizing chemical exposure in the enviroment i.e. when the chemical has invaded your living space?
Maybe some of you are interested in this article.... this has been known for a while but only the risk of cancer, not diabetes and obesity!
But the bottom line is: the risks are everywhere! We can try to minimize them but it is almost impossible! Maybe you would be interested in reading a book I am reading at the moment: The Great Food Gamble by John Humphrys. The author is British so the book is more about the British reality but in the end the British reality is nowadays, in the globalized world, the reality of many other countries! The book is very well written and will give you a fright, trust me..... Worth reading if you care about the food you eat! Many times I had tears in my eyes! Read and weep.....
During renovation of an adjacent apartment, I was recently exposed to extremely high levels of a VOC, specifically toluene. Prior to this incident, I was very healthy. The exposure occurred over a period of four days. I am now experiencing dizziness, wheezing, nose bleeds, burning inside nostrils, tightness in chest, frequent urination, diarrhea and kidney pain. Any advice will be appreciated.
At 50, I've been very lucky to not be afflicted with any allergies but very recently I've started one!!!! I'm allergic to regular laundry detergent which I understand now is common BUT I've also gained another intolerance which seems less common. After using a Cottonelle toilet wipe when visiting a friends house.... I quickly (same day) broke out in a itchy rash. I know it was the wipe because the rash traces where I applied it. At night it's worse of course. As well, any hint of regular detergent (not perfume/dye free) in my underwear or jeans will also cause this itchy rash.
In short, the chemicals in most everyday cleaning products, detergents, toilet wipes are making me crazy not to mention unhealthy. I have since figured out to ACV, epsom salt in a bath to relieve the itch... It really doesn't matter the dosage... Just pour some into your shallow bath water. But more importantly, we all need to rebel/write these product makers and insist they stop putting unneccesary dyes/perfumes/chemicals in our everyday products. I now stick to clear/free EVERYTHING!
I am looking into buying a mattress at the moment and came across an interesting article. Some mattresses and pillows can contain chemicals which may make you feel sick (headaches, allergies, depression etc.)
Here is the article
Ft. Birch, Tx
Houston, Texas, Usa
Brisbabe, Qld, Aust
Las Vegas, NV
West Allis, Wisconsin
Thousand Oaks, Ca, Usa
St Augustine, Us